VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ves C&p Exam Timelines

Rate this question

porter74

Question

Here is my current ratings:

Sleep Apnea 50%
Menierres Disease 30%
Degenerative Arthritis Cervical Spine 20%
Tinnitus Recurring 10%
Carpal Tunnel Right 10%
Carpal Tunnel left 10%
Right Knee Patellofemoral with degenerative arthritis 10%
Left lower extremity radioculopathy with L4L5S1S2S3 sciatic nerve involvement and IVDS of the lumbar spine 10%
Left Knee instability 10%
Right Knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with degenerative arthritis 10%
Degenerative arthritis of the Lumbar spine 10%
Left knee pattellofemoral syndrome with degenerative arthritis 10%

This comes out to 89% at this time.

The most recent C&P exam was for increasing Menieres, Plantar Faciatis, Degenerative arthritis of the cervical spine, hypertension, tinnitus, hearing loss, and issues with the ankles and feet that are secondary to the plantar faciatis. Have completed the Medical C&P and the hearing test to date. They conducted the Range of Motion test of the arms, shoulders, wrist, and neck there has been a serious change in the ROM in these areas.

Thank you for your quick response. I was just wondering what the odds are of the increased ratings bringing me to the 100% level.

Thanks again.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Are you unemployed due to these SC conditions?

If so, do you receive SSDI solely for these SC conditions?

And if so on the unemployment question # 1 here, have you formally applied for TDIU (paid at the 100% rate of comp)?

On the Hearing loss/tinnitus claim, does you have anything in your SMRs to support that? Or is your MOS consistent with acoustical trauma?

Dont know when you served but did the Military supply you with protective hearing gear ?

"issues with the ankles and feet that are secondary to the plantar faciatis" makes sense but did the doc link that well ('as likely as not' in the C & P exam?

Have you been able to obtain copies of the C & P exams?

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember that it's unusual if not impossible for multiple conditions to add up to 100% using VA math.

That said - - It's possible to have a situation where the 100% is a result of rounding up.

Or, if the conditions are met, TDIU at 100% can be awarded.

Where it can get messy - -

A veteran has conditions that were rounded up to 100%

Additional conditions exist, which add up to a significant %

One of those additional conditions is 60%

Or, multiple conditions add up to 60%

A "slam dunk" can occur when one condition is rated at 100% and another at 60% entitling the veteran to SMC.

Variations with lesser rated conditions seem to be rated inconsistently, usually not to the "best interest" of the veteran.

Hadit.com Elder, Here are my responses to your response

Are you unemployed due to these SC conditions? I am still working but have lost 36 days of work this year due to sinusitis and issues with feet and neck pain, numbness in hands .

If so, do you receive SSDI solely for these SC conditions? I have not applied for SSDI, did not think I was eligible based upon the service connected issues, and would not know where to start

And if so on the unemployment question # 1 here, have you formally applied for TDIU (paid at the 100% rate of comp)? I am 90% without the TDIU

On the Hearing loss/tinnitus claim, does you have anything in your SMRs to support that? Or is your MOS consistent with acoustical trauma? Hearing loss documented as part of the Menieres Disease which currently is 30% SC. Worked as a Track/Tank mechanic from 1995-2000. In addition to the hearing loss, I suffer from weekly vertigo attacks, staggered gait, and tinnitus

Dont know when you served but did the Military supply you with protective hearing gear ? Served from 1981 - 2007 was not issued anything but ear plugs and that didn't occur until after 2000

"issues with the ankles and feet that are secondary to the plantar faciatis" makes sense but did the doc link that well ('as likely as not' in the C & P exam? Yes, ROM Lateral left ankle 20 to 20. dorsiflection 15, Extension to 5. I also had hearing exam at the local VAMC on 6 April 2013 and the examiner stated that my hearing is bad and that I should have hearing aids

Have you been able to obtain copies of the C & P exams? Called VES and the reports from the 5 April Gen Med C&P are in their QC/QA area being reviewed.

I also was checked for cervical spine issues. Have previous IVDS diagnosis of lumbar spine(See ratings). Basically have 25 right to left lateral movement, side to side is 25 to 25, and forward flexion is 15 dorsiflexion is 25

Right and left carpal tunnel syndrome flex in left is limited to 10 dorsiflexion in left to 25 same for right hand.

Secondary claimed as part of the plantar faciatis flat foot acquired left foot, hammer toes acquired both feet,

Just wondering if the C&P results will get me rated to 100% without having to claim TDIU,

Here are my current SC ratings from the VA

Here is my current ratings:

Sleep Apnea 50%
Menierres Disease 30%
Degenerative Arthritis Cervical Spine 20%
Tinnitus Recurring 10%
Carpal Tunnel Right 10%
Carpal Tunnel left 10%
Right Knee Patellofemoral with degenerative arthritis 10%
Left lower extremity radioculopathy with L4L5S1S2S3 sciatic nerve involvement and IVDS of the lumbar spine 10%
Left Knee instability 10%
Right Knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with degenerative arthritis 10%
Degenerative arthritis of the Lumbar spine 10%
Left knee pattellofemoral syndrome with degenerative arthritis 10%

This comes out to 89% at this time.

The most recent C&P exam was for increasing Menieres, Plantar Faciatis, Degenerative arthritis of the cervical spine, hypertension, tinnitus, hearing loss, and issues with the ankles and feet that are secondary to the plantar faciatis. Have completed the Medical C&P and the hearing test to date. They conducted the Range of Motion test of the arms, shoulders, wrist, and neck there has been a serious change in the ROM in these areas.

Sorry about the length, stressed out over all of this.

Regards,

Rick Porter