VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Additional Evidence Timeline?

Rate this question

and7381

Question

Not sure if this is where I should post this, if not please direct me to the right place. A claim for severe eczema was filed in 2011 and we finally just got the rating at 10% back. In reading the information on the letter, with the additional evidence from the dermatologist and family doctor, the ruling could have been at least 30% if not 60. I mailed to the Philadelphia office the additional evidence. What happens from here. The paper says a few weeks til its in the ebenefits site, but it has been at least 9 weeks now. I am not sure if I should just appeal, or wait to see what happens with the additional evidence. The evidence was showing that I was on prednisone for longer than 6 weeks, and the letter said if systemic therapy was needed for more than 6 weeks the rating would be higher. Would the copy of the perscriptions and the weaning schedule and the paper from the family doctor be enough evidence for the VA? I really wish I found this site while my claim was processing, bc the only info they have is from the days I went to the VA and then the day the claim dr appt was. Any insight would be wonderful.... Thanks!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would send it in right now and submit a Notice of Disagreement. Things are way to bogged down right now to just ask for a reconsideration, because if they take longer than a year and you forget to NOD then you lose out on retro pay. If you are unsure of your ability to navigate the VA system effectively, since you have a decision you can get an attorney to represent you on the appeal. They will generally do that for 20% of the retro. There are many fine lawyers practicing VA law, some advertise on this site. My only caution on attornies is make sure they a member/qualified by NOVA.

Best regards,

Send a Notice of Disagreement by Decision Review Office. Once a claim has been decided then its done. If you have more evidence then the NOD by DRO will take care of it.

I would send it in right now and submit a Notice of Disagreement. Things are way to bogged down right now to just ask for a reconsideration, because if they take longer than a year and you forget to NOD then you lose out on retro pay. If you are unsure of your ability to navigate the VA system effectively, since you have a decision you can get an attorney to represent you on the appeal. They will generally do that for 20% of the retro. There are many fine lawyers practicing VA law, some advertise on this site. My only caution on attornies is make sure they a member/qualified by NOVA.

Best regards,

NOVA?

I agree with what 71m10 stated, send in a NOD and request a DRO. I used to send in re-considerations but I will never ever do that again! Like it was said above, you stand to loose retro pay if you go over the year time frame.

The ratings for skin conditions are determined by the % of your body that is affected. I'm really not sure how they determine the effected area?

I already sent the NOD the middle of March. Is it normal that nothing is on my ebenifits page? Will it show that my case is open and not closed when they receive any of it? I wonder if I can call Eileen Kostics office and get any answers!? But now it is spread more, and the hardest part it that it is mostly my hands, which I use daily for my job as a mechanic for the state. I am also wondering if I should go to the state for some form of disability? Thank you all for some answers. I am just trying to make sure I am doing the right thing, but getting 10% is a start in the right direction!!!

Wondering also if I should try to say how much my hands being unusable for the most part puts a damper on my home life. I cannot help w much of the housework anymore, It hinders my relationship, as I cannot be as I was before my hands hurt? if that makes any sense.lol