VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5103 Waiver Review

Rate this question

bhoward422

Question

The VA out of Janesville Wis. contacted me about 5103 Waiver review which is no more than the release of information form and stated when sinning and dated it return it back to the Janesville Wis VARO does anyone knows whats happening here in which I have responded that all information has been sent forward and told them to proceed by checking the appropriate boxes on the form does this mean that your claims will be decided upon? the letter was mailed to me on 06/14/2013 return date by 07/19/2013 date I mailed it on 06/25/2013.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

They are wanting to know if you have all your information and have nothing else to submit. If no other information then next stop exams, if not done, or ready to rate. Jmho

"The Benefits of a Paperless Claim

February 13, 2013 by Jim Thomas"

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/8736/the-benefits-of-a-paperless-claim/

The above explains vbms and below explains 5103. 5103 is the new "fancy" way if calling va previous vcaa letters/ DTA (duty to assist).

Guessing you just started a claim and got your first letter. That is what the above and below are and an explanation. Good luck.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/132873310

They are wanting to know if you have all your information and have nothing else to submit. If no other information then next stop exams, if not done, or ready to rate. Jmho

"The Benefits of a Paperless Claim

February 13, 2013 by Jim Thomas"

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/8736/the-benefits-of-a-paperless-claim/

The above explains vbms and below explains 5103. 5103 is the new "fancy" way if calling va previous vcaa letters/ DTA (duty to assist).

Guessing you just started a claim and got your first letter. That is what the above and below are and an explanation. Good luck.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/132873310

No I have other claims in it's that the VA always uses different terms you are right it is another way by refering to the VCAA letter duty to assist thanks

I have recently had this issue brought to me by a couple of veterans that I submitted a fully developed claim on. yes, you are correct, this is another means for the VCAA letter but my concerns are this; why is the VA sending this info to veterans that have submitted a fully developed claim? A fully developed claim means just what it says, fully developed and nothing else to add.

is this a ploy by the VA to encourage the veteran to send documentation back that would automatically take the veterans claim out of the FDC status? I have been seeing a lot of this lately. After receiving additional advice from an individual I know that is a reviewer in the claims process, she told me to NOT have the veteran send anything if a FDC has been submitted.

Once again, another tactic by the VA to screw the veteran. When will this madness end?

I have recently had this issue brought to me by a couple of veterans that I submitted a fully developed claim on. yes, you are correct, this is another means for the VCAA letter but my concerns are this; why is the VA sending this info to veterans that have submitted a fully developed claim? A fully developed claim means just what it says, fully developed and nothing else to add.

is this a ploy by the VA to encourage the veteran to send documentation back that would automatically take the veterans claim out of the FDC status? I have been seeing a lot of this lately. After receiving additional advice from an individual I know that is a reviewer in the claims process, she told me to NOT have the veteran send anything if a FDC has been submitted.

Once again, another tactic by the VA to screw the veteran. When will this madness end?

Which FDC form are you submitting? Are you submitting guard records for guard and reserve? And sometimes the vsr does overdeveloped and send the WTeMS the veteran is supposed to have received by signing the FDC certification.

I'm seeing a lot of claims coming in on the feb 2010 form which is obsolete. I'm also seeing a lot of guard and reserve claims coming in without strs and if the vs has to go out to the unit ( which in average is more than three attempts because guard and reserve units are stingy with the strs) they are excluded. I'm also seeing a lot of FDC forms filled out with the back box checked that they do not want to participate in the program yet full out a 526ez. Also I am seeing FDC without a stressor attached and no confirmed medal. These are just a few. Sorry you are running into that problem. Jmho

Thanks, Meghp, for the outstanding advice on this! Having read the fast letter governing the 5103 waiver, it seems as if they're not supposed to take the claim out of FDC status if a responding veteran provides additional information or a release form to go out and get records. However, one never knows if there isn't another SOP, instruction, or regulation hiding elsewhere that overrides the fast letter's instructions. In my own case, having just received the 5103 waiver letter in the mail today, I'll get it returned without any additional records, which should be on file with the VAMC anyway and therefore accessible by the RO.

Good question on the madness. Somehow, just seems like we're in this for the long haul... Remember, we're costing them money.