VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed Today But No Change On Benefit Verification (Ab8)

Rate this question

FMFDoc77

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

not necessarily.

go to Apply for Benefits >> Compensation Benefits and go thru the screens like you are starting a new claim. About halfway thru you will see all of your conditions with thier percentages. ANy that say Not-Sevice connected were denied. If they have 0% then they were awarded with a 0% rating.

Make sure you delete the application for benefits at the end.

I tried that and it did show as you stated but it shows not service connected as they denied it. Is there a chance they have not updated it or does that mean denial? Does a denial go through all the steps like Pending Decision Approval etc.?

Yes but I tried what rdawg said to do "go to Apply for Benefits >> Compensation Benefits and go thru the screens like you are starting a new claim. About halfway thru you will see all of your conditions with thier percentages. ANy that say Not-Sevice connected were denied. If they have 0% then they were awarded with a 0% rating."

It showed all of my current disabilities and ratings and said not service connected for the two claims that were just finished but from my past experience most denials do not go through all the steps, they are cut short i.e. Pending Decision Approval etc.. Just makes me mad because I do not see how they could deny it.

Benefits Explorer is the same as well and remains at 60% but says yes to Permanent & Total Disability. Don't know what this means but would have to assume denial as my Benefit Verification (AB8) remains the same as well as Benefits Explorer and the fact that I did what rdawg said to do and it showed not service connected.

"yes" is the default selected under Permanant disablity.

go to the benefits explorer and in the internet explorer window (or firefox, safari, whatever equivalent) go to view/source.

You will see the code that built the webpage.

Under things like va disability rating you will see a bunch of options like 10 - 20 -30-. next to one of them it will say "selected". this means that the info was retrieved from your record and displayed. for you it should say 60 -selected.

Under Permanent and total there is no "selected" which means it does not query your record for that info. You can change it to what ever you want and click view benefits to see the benefits you are entitled to "if you were considered P&T"