VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status Question..

Rate this question

SSG Ramos

Question

So my claim is complete!

Contentions: low back pain (New), lumbar radiculopathy (New), TBI (New), Sleep Apnea (New), Tinnitus (New), Sinusitis (New), Depression (New), Insomnia (New)

Your claim is complete. A letter will be sent to you via U.S. mail formally documenting the completion of your claim. Please allow standard delivery time prior to contacting the VA call center.

Claim Received: 01/11/2012
Claim Type: Compensation
Claim Closed: 06/20/2013

The VA has sent a decision packet to you by U.S. mail. The packet includes details of the decision or award. Please allow standard mailing time for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center.

My case was completed in 06/20/2013 but I haven't received any letter or communication from VA. No updates in E Benefits. Ive been checking daily and nothing so far. Some guidance would be appreciated. I just want to know whats going on at this point. If I omitted any information please let me know.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So my claim is complete!

Contentions: low back pain (New), lumbar radiculopathy (New), TBI (New), Sleep Apnea (New), Tinnitus (New), Sinusitis (New), Depression (New), Insomnia (New)

Your claim is complete. A letter will be sent to you via U.S. mail formally documenting the completion of your claim. Please allow standard delivery time prior to contacting the VA call center.

Claim Received: 01/11/2012

Claim Type: Compensation

Claim Closed: 06/20/2013

The VA has sent a decision packet to you by U.S. mail. The packet includes details of the decision or award. Please allow standard mailing time for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center.

My case was completed in 06/20/2013 but I haven't received any letter or communication from VA. No updates in E Benefits. Ive been checking daily and nothing so far. Some guidance would be appreciated. I just want to know whats going on at this point. If I omitted any information please let me know.

For now you are at the very tail end of waiting for their decision.

Just keep hanging in a bit longer : - )

In a nutshell:

When you finally get your letter read through it carefully to see what has been approved for service connection and what rating the VA has assigned and the dates of connection.

If there are items that were NOT approved it will explain the reason why they were not approved and these items are the ones you can appeal and file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) for. Additionally If you do not agreee with the percentage of compensation assigned for the approved items, you can also file a NOD.

If you agree with everything in that letter...enjoy the $$$ and have a good life.

OSC

OSC, I appreciate your reply. Thanks for the information at least I feel more at ease knowing that this should be over soon. This process has been a nightmare. I will keep you guys updated regarding whatever rating i get. Since almost a month has passed since the letter was sent, I should be receiving it in the next month or two. How long does it take before that letter arrives or the percentage is posted in E Benefits?

Somepace between the rater's rating decision determinations and the authorization process their was a glitch. Be patient, they will figure it out. There are lots of trainees in all areas of the VA right now and there are extra review processes checking trainee work along with checking seasoned VSRs and RVSRs work. Hang in there a decision will be coming soon.