VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alabama Veterans Benefits - Fishing/license Plates

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It's time to update the old link from TBird stickied in 2007.

Let's start with fishing...

Before, if you were totally disabled your license was $1.00.

Here is the new information for fishing only. Now it is $3.05 for everyone 20% and up. But read carefully...

http://www.va.state.al.us/laws.htm#FISHINGLICENSE

DISABLED MILITARY VETERAN'S APPRECIATION FRESHWATER FISHING LICENSE

Alabama law allows a discounted fishing license for an Alabama resident to fish the freshwaters of Alabama. The veteran must be certified by the USDVA to be 20% or more disabled. The veteran is required to present certification of the disability from the USDVA. The discounted license can be issued at an Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries District Office, Probate Office, or License Commissioner’s Office. (Ala. Code § 9-11-54) NOTE: Alabama law does not provide for a discounted hunting license.

Yeah, that's right. Go where you renew the tags for your car. Don't expect them to know how to issue your discounted them either. It took them 40 minutes, not mentioning the long wait I already spent in line.

Bring your VA letter showing you are 20% or more. P&T military ID won't work. They need to see the percentage on the letter from the VA.

Also, if you have a disabled veteran tag on your car, you might have a letter in the mail telling you to bring in your VA percentage letter. They switched computer systems and all of the previously scanned copies are all gone. If you are going in for your discounted fishing license, might as well get them to knock out letter too.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

terrysturgis, Ft Benning is a great place to work. I retired from there as a fire inspector. They will be near Martin Hospital if they have any problem. And not to for from the AL.VA office. I live about 25-30 miles from Seals AL.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I went fishing in the Chatahoochee river a few times when my father was stationed at Ft. Benning. I think I was about 7 or 8 years old.

Recently I talked with my mother and she said they were doing work on Martin. Here's a link to it: http://www.martin.amedd.army.mil/New%20Facility%20Website/New%20Facility.htm