VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They Sure Like To F*** W/ Me!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

So, I receive a brown envelope from the BVA today. My appeal for smc "s" award, inferred, dating back to 4/89 is due for a decision. It was remanded by the CAVC, twice, to the BVA for a decision, where it went to the AMC and then back to the BVA.

Bergmann & Moore (B&M), LLC, law firm, won my remand, at the CAVC. They, B&M, sent me my records and said that I should not need them anymore. The BVA sent me a letter about 3 months ago requesting any new evidence I might have, within 60 days, or if none received they would decide.

Now, the BVA, sends me this notice stating, that since I had previously had B&M, at the CAVC, did I want them to represent me, here, at the BVA. And if not do I want another representative (VSO) or lawyer . . . or did I want to represent myself, "Pro Se." Please sign here and submit within 30 days or we'll decide without.

I knew the envelope was "too thin" for a decision, especially since it dates back to April, 1989.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Guess I'll contact B&M and see what they say.

pr

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to keep an attorney on board. As long as you had Bergmann - Moore Your claim stayed out of the AMC. They should not have let you go. Now it can go to the AMC and it that happens, It could take years of passing it around like so many other AMC claims.

Hang in there Flip.

John

You know the drill. Win or Die. That's some serious change on the table. Get the law dogs. 20% is peanuts. They'll be jerking your chain for another 10 years if you don't.