VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens After C&p Exam

Rate this question

doubleD

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

After your initial C&P exam the results will be returned to the regional office handling your claim for inclusion in your C-file. There are some on the site that can specifically cover each step and sub-step your file will go through, but in general, it will wait to be reviewed, the review(by VSR) will determine if it is ready to rate or if more development is needed. If ready to rate, it goes to a rater (RVSR) who will make a decision or kick it back to development because something is missing that was overlooked during review. Once the decision is made the decision is put into the reveiw and promulgation process, and then ultimately mailed to you.

As for the how long quesiton, it is highly variable, dependent on the workload of your regional office and the complexity of your claim. I have received decisions within 45 days of a C&P and I have received decisions 19 months after a C&P (both from the same RO). As has been said many times before on this site, GET A HOBBY, trying to predict when and what the VA is going to decide can be very stressful and drive you nuts.

On a final note: Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

Edited by 71M10

"What happens after the initial C and P exam?"

Get a copy of it from the VAMC where it was done and you will be able to assess your chances on the claim's potential to succeed.

Also if it is negative, you will have opportunity to rebutt it ( meaning rebutting the SOC) with,hopefully, medical evidence they didn't consider.

If it is "speculative" or erroneous in any way, to your detriment , it can definitely be rebutted.

There is no expected time wait,in my opinion, on anything the VA does these days.

Hopefully the backlog situation will be primarly resolved by October and then all of us with current claims will get some movement on them.

Thanks Z1M10...I think we were both replying here at the same time.

You said it better than I did!

Berta, as always you have provided superior advice! While I was focused on what the VA would do, you coached on what the claimant should be doing to be proactive! We can save ourselves a whole lot of pain and frustration by putting some extra effort in at the front end, instead of playing catch up after the decision has been made!

I already received my copy of the C and P exam for PTSD, depression and anxiety. With all the reading I have done on this web page I will guess I'm getting 50-70%? It has the "at least as likely as not" (50% or greater probability) and " Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in MOST areas...". GAF 45 I think most, if not all, the boxes were checked on the exam sheet. I can only hope for TDIU.

Hope for the best expect the worst!