VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dsm 5 - Update

personally, working with a lot of these veterans with mental conditions, I'm glad to see the GAF score being eliminated. My only question is, what are the "other options" they are talking about. Again, the fear of not knowing, does no one any good...JMHO

personally, working with a lot of these veterans with mental conditions, I'm glad to see the GAF score being eliminated. My only question is, what are the "other options" they are talking about. Again, the fear of not knowing, does no one any good...JMHO

Just read the update - that answers everything.

• HadIt.com Elder

Imagine that you go for C&P exam and find your disorder no long exists. Most people seem to have more than one disorder and the VA usually misdiagnoses them.

John

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good points made

I read somewhere that Hoarding would be listed as a disability in the new DSM...but havent checked that out yet.

I would think any anxiety disorder or depression could cause hoarding as a secondary condition. And hoarding itself could be symptomatic of an underlying MH issue.

But VA would lump it all together as one MH issue.

Hoarders are frowned on by society but there is always more to their situation than meets the eye.

I know a hoarder on the verge of eviction because she cannot do what she must do....she needs to clean the exits to and out of her apartment as a safety issue.

She is packing and trying to move,but doesn't know where to, instead of cleaning the exits up.

It is a very debilitating and serious disability.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use