VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied For Ptsd

Rate this question

stebarbar

Question

C7p was 9/2012 and denied ptsd 1/2013 stating no combat action ribbon and no dx by va pshchartrist but did have dx for ptsd 5/2012 . I now have a dx's by psychiatrist and psychologist numerous times and now have a combat action ribbon which I had to apply for since I got out in 1966 and CAR wasn't issued until 1969. under medication for anxiety and depression. Can anyone tell me if I have a good chance of receiving compensation. Thanks

I just got my psychiatrist notes and he dx'd for the 5 th time and 15 dx'x by psychologist. he said on 12/18/2013 ptsd symptoms anxious,easily startled,hpervigilant,having nightmares,having intrusive thoughts,mood status abnormal, agitated and irritabl but insightful. sleep fair. phq-2 screen score was 2 which ngative screen for depression.He little interest several days and feeling down or hopeless several days. this was wrong and should of been most days. I probably didn't communicate probably. he prescribed addl medicine buspar for anxiety and current medicine for depression and sleep disorder. Will this make a difference with the NOD and will dsm 5. THanks again.

Was going to comment on the CAR (combat action ribbon) but Berta covered all the bases! At the time I retired, 2004, this award must mention the awardee BY NAME. I have an awards ALMAR (message the Marine Corps uses) that lists me and about 20 other Marines when we were awarded the CAR for action in Iraq. The regs were obviously non-existent or very different for Vietnam vets but as long as you have the papers you do, you should be in great shape moving forward.

Good luck and so sorry you have hit a bump in the road...Keep fighting, you will prevail!

LC