VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does "totally And Permanently Disabled" Mean?

Rate this topic

Destia22

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your win. You deserve it all. Thank you for your service and thank you for sharing :smile: Welcome to hadit.com :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

I first want to say Thank You for the creator of this website. It almost feels like we are a huge family. Now getting back to my question. I heard through the grape vine that in order to permanently keep your 100% without it being lowered you have to have it for 20 yrs. Is this correct? I was granted 100% for PTSD/MST and 30% for Trigeminal Neuralgia back in Jan 2013. While I was reading my paper work it stated the I was totally and permanently disabled. Does this mean that I do not have to worry about it being down graded to a lower percentage? It also states that I am unemployable. Someone at DAV told me that they had never seen a person being 100% totally and permanent disable and also unemployable at the same time. Anyway if someone could just please tell me how the totally and permanently disabled works I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

How do I start a claim for MST? I have a diagnosis for PTSD, but no rating.

Thank you,

Ruth

• 1 month later...

No more C&P exam unless you submit another claim. I've been T&P since 1991 never had a exam until I open case for loss of use for special monthly comp came positive after 4 years with $$$,$$$ 6 figure retro

Still T&P with 20 years protective status on 2015. Means after 20 years T&P rating can change SC but the pay still the same as original 100% +

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/18/2014 at 11:11 AM, kipwheeler said:

I was rated 100% back in 2009 after being rated at lower rates in the past for PTSD. Now in 2014 after my last review they are saying im totally and perminently disabled. Does this mean I have no more reviews?

they would only call you in if they suspected fraud

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use