VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Best Explanation Of Smc From Asknod.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA should change these regs, and look more closely to SMC's Awards when they rate the veteran 100% a veteran should not have to ask for SMC if he qualifies at the time he was rated 100%...I can see if the disease progress to a higher degree of disability and years later applies for the SMC's

It would make it a lot more better and save a lot of time if it was Awared when the veteran first qualified. usually its when the veteran is rated at 100%.

jno

..................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Historically, the VA has NEVER automatically awarded anything it thinks that might be overlooked by a veteran,

at least to the ordinary veteran. Further, each award given needs to be seriously looked at to determine if it's correct.

Again history is rife with "lowball" awards.

Evidently, the RO's get hammered for awarding claims at a rate higher than some informal guideline, likely established to insure that

the higher ups get bonus money without too many questions. (Cost savings, don't you know!) I'm reasonably sure that much more scrutiny

occurs when the percentages go above some unknown (to me) level.

And, I'm still quite P0'd about having to pay 20% of retro to force the VA to play by the "Rules"!

Grrr! That alone is enough to inspire veterans efforts to insure that the VA pays everything that it should.

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

Chuck75 thats about right,

what I would hate happen that 20% paid from retro was all a veteran got and the attorney wound up getting more retro than the vet...thats what would p*** me off to no end.eh!..... not sure thats ever happen but I bet it has!

jmo

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Chuck75 thats about right,

what I would hate happen that 20% paid from retro was all a veteran got and the attorney wound up getting more retro than the vet...thats what would p*** me off to no end.eh!..... not sure thats ever happen but I bet it has!

jmo

...........Buck

That would be possible if the veteran is VA declared incompetent, and a paid fiduciary appointed!

I'd suggest that any veteran that thinks this is a possibility, due to the nature of disabilities such as PTSD,

somehow obtain a court issued competency certificate, and or at least a competency statement from a doctor in an appropriate specialty.