• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bperwerton

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Unfortunately I feel you will need to describe your stressor at some point for the VA. They might concede stressor based on your unit MOS during 911 but that is hard to tell. It does not have to be the most horrific stressor, just one that can be verified. Family lay statements can help but I think you will need to narrow down the stressor and prove it. What special unit were you with? Those unit orders will help. Did this unit get any special awards or decorations for what they did during 911? It is always possible that your DD 214 might not reflect a citation or award that would help VA concede stressor. DD214s can be corrected via a DD 149 form available here at hadit. Just put Not applicable to the injustice part. I know this must have been a terrible experience for you. When I worked at a vet center ,in the PTSD combat group, it amazed me that even though these vets already had a PTSD rating, they would sometimes get into stuff that they never told VA about at all.....even my husband.... I thought I knew his stressors and all of them could be proven ,but one night he told me there were more that he could not even begin to describe to me, let alone to VA.They were the ones that kept him up all night. I will see if the BVA has any decisions there regarding 9/11 Rescue- Recovery service.  Maybe you have a Gulf War stressor that would warrant a PTSD diagnosis and rating...and maybe that would be easier not only to prove, but alleviate re living what must have been pure Hell. Others will help with suggestions here as well.        
    • That's what I thought. I would really just hit the Submit Button, let the Rating Dept do their Magic Act. I continued to file Reg A$$ Claims and FDC's while on a DRO Hearing Appeal from from 2010 Denial of 6 issues, Awarded 10% Tinnitus Hearing SC'd at 0%. By the time my DRO Hearing was held 06/29/14, my other claims had resulted in a 90% combined SC rating. If you now or in the future, think you have a Primary or Secondary SC Issue based on Med Evidence, not emotions or feelings, File the claim as an FDC with your Med Evidence attached as Pdf, sooner rather than later. Semper Fi  
    • rank on the forum is based on your time on the forum and the number of posts you make it is not reflective of your military rank.
    • Thanks-he is still within one year from the date of the decision but does have to move on this fast...that year can pass by quickly. He has no POA so there will be no 646 hold up.
    • I had a CP for my vertigo secondary to my migraines.  The neuro was awful but well that is another drama to fight.  She did state that I had symptoms that could be attributed to Menieres or another vestibular disorder.  Later in the notes, there is mention of a DBQ from an ENT.  Does this mean that they are going to send me to an ENT for further exam, it is not really clear to me honestly.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim MAC

Request For Dd215

4 posts in this topic

I hate to ask because I use to have all this info intill my computer died. But what form do I submit to get a replacement DD215 (wife threw it out.) Secound question I am trying to get some more medals added to my DD214 what form due I use and who do I send it 2. Sorry for the dumb questions I will save everything to disk from now on

V/R

Jim B)

This is the Standard form 180 request for medals and SMR's

Also an old cheat sheet from Mike H. (Old Hadit)

I used this form, got my MUC and a few other medals. It took NPRC over a year to send these medals. The DD-215 upgrade can delete DoD SPN Codes if you like. SPN codes were put on certain documents. DD-215 is just another paper, that you can add to your DD-214, that authorizes you to have the medal.

Edited by Stretch

This is a list of SPN Codes. Some of the older codes are not on this list. I have tried to find them, but it appears that they were lost somewhere. You might not want one of these on your DD-214. The code can be on various documents that are in your SMR. This is 10 pages, PDF, of different codes.

Edited by Stretch

Jim- the DD 215 can be requested or replace with a DD 149---I will attach one

For the Error or Injustice part just state there that you lost your DD 215 and want it replaced- they should put all of your awards and medals on the DD 215 they send to you.

dd0149.pdf