This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim MAC

Request For Dd215

4 posts in this topic

I hate to ask because I use to have all this info intill my computer died. But what form do I submit to get a replacement DD215 (wife threw it out.) Secound question I am trying to get some more medals added to my DD214 what form due I use and who do I send it 2. Sorry for the dumb questions I will save everything to disk from now on

V/R

Jim B)

This is the Standard form 180 request for medals and SMR's

Also an old cheat sheet from Mike H. (Old Hadit)

I used this form, got my MUC and a few other medals. It took NPRC over a year to send these medals. The DD-215 upgrade can delete DoD SPN Codes if you like. SPN codes were put on certain documents. DD-215 is just another paper, that you can add to your DD-214, that authorizes you to have the medal.

Edited by Stretch

This is a list of SPN Codes. Some of the older codes are not on this list. I have tried to find them, but it appears that they were lost somewhere. You might not want one of these on your DD-214. The code can be on various documents that are in your SMR. This is 10 pages, PDF, of different codes.

Edited by Stretch

Jim- the DD 215 can be requested or replace with a DD 149---I will attach one

For the Error or Injustice part just state there that you lost your DD 215 and want it replaced- they should put all of your awards and medals on the DD 215 they send to you.

dd0149.pdf