VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request For Dd215

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

I hate to ask because I use to have all this info intill my computer died. But what form do I submit to get a replacement DD215 (wife threw it out.) Secound question I am trying to get some more medals added to my DD214 what form due I use and who do I send it 2. Sorry for the dumb questions I will save everything to disk from now on

V/R

Jim B)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

This is the Standard form 180 request for medals and SMR's

Also an old cheat sheet from Mike H. (Old Hadit)

I used this form, got my MUC and a few other medals. It took NPRC over a year to send these medals. The DD-215 upgrade can delete DoD SPN Codes if you like. SPN codes were put on certain documents. DD-215 is just another paper, that you can add to your DD-214, that authorizes you to have the medal.

Edited by Stretch

• In Memoriam

This is a list of SPN Codes. Some of the older codes are not on this list. I have tried to find them, but it appears that they were lost somewhere. You might not want one of these on your DD-214. The code can be on various documents that are in your SMR. This is 10 pages, PDF, of different codes.

Edited by Stretch

Jim- the DD 215 can be requested or replace with a DD 149---I will attach one

For the Error or Injustice part just state there that you lost your DD 215 and want it replaced- they should put all of your awards and medals on the DD 215 they send to you.

dd0149.pdf