VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Was Just Informed That My Cue Claim Was Already Decieded

Rate this question

mos1833

Question

this is crazy , i filed a cue in 2002,at the same time i appealed the same claim with new evidence and it was reopened and denied again,but they never said any thing about my cue claim. so i filed a request as to why ,

today i called to find out why its taking so long to get the information i requested.and john said i had already been informed of there decision in a letter they sent me ,

the letter they sent me was just a notice that they received my inquiry and gave it a number so i could follow it progress. the letter also had a copy of the last denial of my claim.

so john said today that the letter was to answer my request, he said that my cue was decided in the last decision of my claim, ( a copy was included in this letter ) and he said it was denied with-in that decision.

so i said that decision did not say any thing about my cue;

he said it didnt need to,he asured me that it had been decided even tho they didnt point it out.

i said a cue is a seperate claim , he said it wasent and was decided in the last decision.

he said ide need to reopen my back claim to get to the bottom of this.

he said he could do it for me over the phone, so i said o.k.

this cant be right. thanks

So, this is where I'm having problems, too. The staff of the BVA, inside the VARO Cleveland, told me to file for an increase and then they denied it, and I contacted them back that they are still ignoring the specific records I'm pointing out about their very serious (22 year old!!!!) CUE on my diagnosis, and they sent me an appeal form.

That isn't right, is it? I filed the CUE separately and they ignored it, before I did all the complaining through the Undersecretary for Benefits and landed the phone number for that special VBA staff "hit team."   They KNOW they are sending me up a primrose path. That they are fixing it so that I make a wrong move and they don't have to address their CUE.

Thanks.

On 2/19/2014 at 2:24 PM, jbasser said:

Bad news. You cannot file a CUE claim on an open claim until 1 year has passed from the date of a denial. If you appeal it it is not a cue.

Did anyone help you with this claim?

J

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Yellow Rose:

Best if you start a new post to ask your question, where more people will see it.  You have some options here, and I will try to go over those, after you start a new topic.

bronco , i dont understand why you;de say that . after all i was hopeing for others to compare what happened to them to what happened to me,why is this topic wrong ??

never mind ''' thanks rose it will work out in your favor ,just keep on keeping on.

BRONCOVET, it will have to be late this afternoon. I am going to Church at noon and then have Phys Therapy at 3, central time. But I will indeed start a new topic. It is important that I do as you asked, because the entire situation about my Claim and the errors VA has made are legendary===  truly, what they call "an icebreaker."   What I have accomplished so far MADE HISTORY, but that is when they started really retaliating. They were only mildly retaliating before that  :)

Thank you for the suggestion and I look forward to discussions.

BERTA, I have been badly needing your help on this issue, and I have heard that you will not take private questions from any vets anymore and you keep your phone # hidden.  So, when I get the new topic created, I will come back here and post another Comment, so you can see the name of the new topic and be certain not to miss it.  Thank you so much.  It's a very woman-specific conundrum, in a lot of ways. It's an assault-victim-specific issue in all the other ways, but that does include men. I know, I'm friends with the 12 men who have filed lawsuits in Kansas right now, if you have heard about that.

Julia in Alabama

Mos

The reason I did this is because its a nice way of saying, "dont hijack" someone elses post.  If one asks a question, inside someone elses post, it gets very confusing on which question you are answering, the original poster or the hijacker.  

While Im not a moderator here, I personally dont like answering hijacked questions.   When I see someone is fairly new, I ask them to start a new thread, as they may not even know what HIJACKING MEANS.  If an old timer hijacks a thread, I simply ignore the question, as they should know better.   Yellow rose was new, only a few posts, and I felt she deserved to know why her very valid question was not answered.