VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tricare/champva Clinic Closing

HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT FORUM FOR THIS.

WE TOOK OUR 5YR. OLD SON TO THE TRICARE/CHAMPVA CLINIC (we are ChampVA patients) IN LOUISVILLE, KY. FRIDAY TO SEE HIS DR. AFTER OUR VISIT

WE WERE HANDED A PAPER THAT STATED. THAT PARTICULIAR CLINIC WOULD BE CLOSING AND TRICARE WOULD BE

MOVED TO FT. KNOX, KY. ALSO THAT CHAMPVA PATIENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WOULD NO LONGER BE SEEN AT A MILITARY MEDICAL FACILITY.

WE WOULD HAVE TO SEEK PRIVATE DR.

THIS IS ANOTHER PORTION OF DOWNSIZING OUR "GOVERNMENT WASTING" I GUESS???

(IN A SARCASTIC VOICE) I SAY, "THANK YOU GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS".

VETSWIFEINDY

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Perhaps a call to your Congressman or Senator is in order.

Does the Louisville VAMC participate in the Citi program? According to this list it does: http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/docs/CITIFacilityPhoneNumbersList.pdf

J

I live in East Texas and our Docs here don't take Tricare Prime anymore, only Basic. We live over 150 miles from the Nearest Base, so we got screwed all the way, and I have to pay for everything because I can not afford better Insurance or the Co-Pays. I am Medically Retired with Tricare/VA health, and even with both of these, there is always a catch. My daughter has a severe skin disease and her lotions are close to 300 a month, alone. I have to pay for my Wife's Braces, another 200 a month, and I need dental, but until I hit a 100%, hopefully soon, I can not get my teeth worked on. So tired of the Govt advertising on the Military Commercials and Ads about all the great benefits for Veterans, some are wonderful, but most have a catch.

Basser, yes Louisville VAMC is CITI.

I will still be allowed to be treated at a local clinic, but my 5yr. old son won't.

They don't treat anyone under the age of 18yrs.

So sorry it is this way for you Navy 04.

VetswifeIndy