VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Your Number One Complaint About The Va?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

If you had a chance to "air" your number one complaint about the VA what would it be?

1. Medical care?

2. Claim backlog wait time?

3. Total communication breakdown (no way to make your point)?

4. C&P lies?

5. Hamster wheel tactics and deny deny until they die? (my favorite)

CNN has opened the nations eyes over the medical scheduling crimes. Jeff Miller has said that "this is just the tip of the iceberg". CNN has a "Contact Us" link on their website.

This might be our big chance of get some national attention on some of the above items if this (Hadit) website could unite together and go forth in numbers.

However, sadly, this thread will die in less than three days. No messages will go forward to CNN. An opportunity to get some attention before the latest scandal blows over will be lost.

Slowlane

I have been waiting almost 4 years to get my dependency claim done , it is currently sitting at awaiting approval status where it's been for the last 6 months or so.

At this point I have given up on asking the VA anymore questions.

Late to the discussion. I've been in the VA Comp system since 07/2008, my bad, should have filed 1st claim 01/06. That's certainly on me not the VA. Went to a VSO-Rep that was highly recommended by a couple fellow Nam Vets, again on me not the VA. The late filing of my 1st claim and using a VSO thinks everything was good to go cost me 2 more years of Retro. After the 09 Denial I started to get VA Comp Claim educated and eventually prevailed 06/14 at my one & only DRO Hearing. Awarded all major $$ isues and IU, as well s a T& P rating. Never used a VSO-Rep to file any post denial NOD or additional claims.

Many Vets view the VA as inefficient uncaring and actually out to DENIE the Vet's claim. I personally believe that the main problem with the VA is that it is a Federal Agency along with all the baggage that entails. Also the fact that Vets possess very little knowledge regarding the ins and outs of the Claims system and initially rely on a good intention but inadequate VSO-Rep dooms the Vets Initial claim. What US Government Agency really works and is highly competent? Other than the Military, there are some exceptions, there too, one doesn't just jump out at me.

The VA will probably always be less than we would like to see, but as Vets I think we are all culpable in what we perceive as the VA's incompetence. I trust that our Younger Vets will be much more knowledgable and Savy regarding the VA Claims System. God Bless Uncle Al and his Internet.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

I find it don't do any good to Bitch!

................Buck

Biggest Problem: We can not trust VA. The VARO lies to Veterans with no accountability. Its even worse than the long, long waits. The wait would be bearable if we could trust VA to give us a fair outcome. We can not. This is why only about 15 percent of claimants are awarded benefits on the initial decision, and MOST Veteran claimants have to have one or more appeals to win benefits.

Of those appealed "about" a third of these are reversed (awarded) a third are denied again, and a third are remanded. This means about 2/3 of the decisions are wrong. That is a "grade" of 33 percent which is failing.