VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Your Number One Complaint About The Va?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

If you had a chance to "air" your number one complaint about the VA what would it be?

1. Medical care?

2. Claim backlog wait time?

3. Total communication breakdown (no way to make your point)?

4. C&P lies?

5. Hamster wheel tactics and deny deny until they die? (my favorite)

CNN has opened the nations eyes over the medical scheduling crimes. Jeff Miller has said that "this is just the tip of the iceberg". CNN has a "Contact Us" link on their website.

This might be our big chance of get some national attention on some of the above items if this (Hadit) website could unite together and go forth in numbers.

However, sadly, this thread will die in less than three days. No messages will go forward to CNN. An opportunity to get some attention before the latest scandal blows over will be lost.

Slowlane

Every annual report to Congress from the BVA shows proof of that.

CNN has to know that often our biggest problem, when we file a valid claim, is that the ROs are too lazy or too illiterate to consider our evidence and they violate 38 CFR 4.1 et al ,every chance they get.

But It really probably isn't a question of being lazy or illiterate though----it is probably a fulfillment of what management has told them to do.

Berta and Slowlane

I received my results from my claim the other day and was denied compensation on my right shoulder. This was the second time I was denied the compensation for the shoulder. They moved my claim so fast and had the decision made before they received the information they requested. They gave me the deadline of May 1 2014 to have all new evidence submitted and ebenefits shows they received it on April 25 2014.

The evidence I submitted was I had a third degree AC cup separation twice once with a broken clavicle and had physical therapy also submitted an injury from carrying two ruck sacks during a field exercise. All injuries within my last two years of service.

Then I submitted VA treatment records for problems with my shoulder as well as physical therapy.

This shows they made a decision received the paperwork and ignored it and processed what they wanted to process. They failed to do their job and provide me a fair evaluation. Instead I will be forced to appeal.

Problem is my health is diminishing and I might not last out any appeal. So overall the VA will win.

It's infuriating how you can look at their rules, apply them to your case & see how the result

should come out in your favor. Only to get a denial with a fuzzy explanation that really

doesn't apply to your case. They are in control & can basically do whatever they want

with absolutely no accountability. The only way to get satisfaction is to play their long

strung out game which unfortunately takes years & hopefully you llive long enough to

get justice.

Bob K

Claims and appeals, they take way too long to get completed. No claim even going through the appeal process should take over 10 years to be completed!