VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

CBaker,

I am very curious to hear how the GI Bill helped you to pay for an IMO.

Can you elaborate on that for us?

I have GI Bill $$$ that I will never use and it would be wonderful if I could redirect it into something useful.

Thanks!

(Now that I think about it, I think what you probably did was use the BAH money they pay you while you are attending school)

CBaker,

I am very curious to hear how the GI Bill helped you to pay for an IMO.

Can you elaborate on that for us?

I have GI Bill $$$ that I will never use and it would be wonderful if I could redirect it into something useful.

Thanks!

(Now that I think about it, I think what you probably did was use the BAH money they pay you while you are attending school)

Bingo! Go to school, even part time for a few months, get $$ for IMO =p. I was able to use my payment to cover both IMO that I paid for. Without the GI Bill, I'm not sure where I would have gotten 3k.

I would really love to add though, I can't see a situation where you shouldn't / wouldn't use your GI bill. So many little interesting programs out there if it's just going to sit idle you could put it to some use. The time to money ratio depending on where you live can be pretty good. For instance, going to school in Hawaii was worth 2100 a month. I only spent about 20 hours a week on school work.

For many people looking to get extra money for an IMO, medical care, or whatever - I think using your GI bill could be a benefit if you are able to live without it already.

Edited by CBaker84

i'm interested in an IMO and my sleep apnea (OSA ) was denied again on appeal (I appealed it 3 yrs ago). Sadly to my own detriment, I never submitted additional evidence so I got hose. I have OSA diagnosed by the VA in 2010. I complained in service multiple times, its on my service exits physicals. I kept begging the VA for almost 3 yrs from when I got out until I had the sleep study. My pressure was default 10.0cm now it is 13.0. I gained a ton of weight before I got out of the serivce and after I returned from Iraq in 2005. I have SC PTSD, which i am medically retired from USMC. I have SC HTN, Tinnitus, Bilateral DIslocations of both shoulders and PTSD. I'm rated 90% but I'm getting 100% TDIU P&T. I was diagnosed last year as DMII. I havent filed an sort of claim for that. I was told in service I was prediabetic on my exit physical.

2 questions

Now that I am 100% P&T, should I appeal once again my OSA? I had said it was secondary to PTSD, due to my massive weight gain. granted Im no doctor but that is what my best guess was.

Should I file for DMII?

I feel both cases since they weren't diagnosed in service, that I will need Nexus letters, which you have mentioned are 1500/each. Would it be adviseable to move forward or just let them go and just take the meds from the VA for the diabetes and Use the CPAP?

i'm interested in an IMO and my sleep apnea (OSA ) was denied again on appeal (I appealed it 3 yrs ago). Sadly to my own detriment, I never submitted additional evidence so I got hose. I have OSA diagnosed by the VA in 2010. I complained in service multiple times, its on my service exits physicals. I kept begging the VA for almost 3 yrs from when I got out until I had the sleep study. My pressure was default 10.0cm now it is 13.0. I gained a ton of weight before I got out of the serivce and after I returned from Iraq in 2005. I have SC PTSD, which i am medically retired from USMC. I have SC HTN, Tinnitus, Bilateral DIslocations of both shoulders and PTSD. I'm rated 90% but I'm getting 100% TDIU P&T. I was diagnosed last year as DMII. I havent filed an sort of claim for that. I was told in service I was prediabetic on my exit physical.

2 questions

Now that I am 100% P&T, should I appeal once again my OSA? I had said it was secondary to PTSD, due to my massive weight gain. granted Im no doctor but that is what my best guess was.

Should I file for DMII?

I feel both cases since they weren't diagnosed in service, that I will need Nexus letters, which you have mentioned are 1500/each. Would it be adviseable to move forward or just let them go and just take the meds from the VA for the diabetes and Use the CPAP?

If I was 100% then I wouldn't be worrying it about, but things can change you know? There is medical evidence that PTSD medication is linked to OSA. Having complaints in service help. You may have screwed yourself by not submitting evidence -- I could probably say I did that myself as well, but I never got any letters telling me to do anything. If you were not 100% at a given time, the backpay might cover the cost if you recover? For me, I'm fresh into this so it was a huge benefit to pursue my claim.

Ultimately though, nexus letters can be used to help your claim and win the appeal. You can submit evidence up and until they hear the case afaik.

Edited by CBaker84

Hello all,

I looked at Dr. Anaise's site and read his bio. He was on the Golan Heights in the '73 Yom Kippur War in a tank when they basically saved Israel from being overrun by the Russian tanks operated by the Syrians. That got me looking at

books about that war and came up with The Heights of Courage. I don't think the good doctor is mentioned in it as I've never read a more personal account of an ongoing battle and would have remembered his name. Of course it was a

brigade so...................... Anyway, you get the point. This guy isn't someone that got his doctor's degree and then an attorney's and that was it. He is one of us and it doesn't make any difference which war he was in.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use