VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Management System (Vbms)

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Does anyone know how this works.

Perhaps Veldrina could enlighten me- see my prior posts and IRIS response where they mentioned VBMS.

Vern

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Vbms is the new electronic paperless system the va spent a butyl pad of money on that partially works because they implemented it too early ( 6 mos) before it was ready and now are trying to work all the kinks out. I use this program every day and can't stand it. It is a good thought but brought in to production wayyyyy too early becaise some higher ups wanted to keep their jobs. Plus the contractors talked a good talk and made a program without ever working for the va meaning they have no idea what the employees need to do their job. Then when a trouble ticket is submitted the issues are on the va side and not the contractor. We aren't even allowed to use the words "lag time". when we write up issues.

Claims are now sent to contractors to scan into the system vbms. All folders that don't have a running claim are sent as well so that everything will be eventually electronic. I could go on and on.

Just for starters

Edited by JT24usn

Vbms is the new electronic paperless system the va spent a butyl pad of money on that partially works because they implemented it too early ( 6 mos) before it was ready and now are trying to work all the kinks out. I use this program every day and can't stand it. It is a good thought but brought in to production wayyyyy too early becaise some higher ups wanted to keep their jobs. Plus the contractors talked a good talk and made a program without ever working for the va meaning they have no idea what the employees need to do their job. Then when a trouble ticket is submitted the issues are on the va side and not the contractor. We aren't even allowed to use the words "lag time". when we write up issues.

Claims are now sent to contractors to scan into the system vbms. All folders that don't have a running claim are sent as well so that everything will be eventually electronic. I could go on and on.

Just for starters

So, it appears that VA has no way to merge my electronic records uploaded via eBenefits with my claim. My claim was denied and narrative that received as part of the denial package does not eve mention the 200+ pages of uploaded documentation. I did save proos, and activity log also shows successful upload, but apparently means nothing to VA, oh well, back to HAMSTER WHEEL!

• In Memoriam

This union is why there is a backlog. They would be able to fire these people, but the head of the VA committee in the senate is taking money from the Union. Bernie dodged the question on Cspan, but finally said that yes he is taking money from the union. He is against firing any employees, because he says employees must go through miles of reviews that will take many months. This is a VA union issue vs. Veterans. He doesn't give a crap.

On June 10, 2010, we also met with our union partners, the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), to develop strategies to improve client service and eliminate the backlog.

That is the purpose of the electronic system. Ebenefits is uploaded into vbms. Paper wise there is about an 18 day lapse between received and scan (or view through vbms). Ebenefits should be viewable because it is electronic. The problem going on right now is how long it takes from scan to view. There is a banner telling us that it (something, I say something because the contractors are horrible at labeling what was received) was received but we have to wait til it shows up in vbms.

Ebenefits is supposed to be straight to since electronic but we receive a new "push" to fix something I the system to make it easier but normally f's it up because something isn't compatible with the va electronic security system. It is a cluster something or rather right now. In the mean time is lowly vsrs are required to keep the same point production standards and quality as we did with the legacy (prior) system. Nothing like working with one hand ties behind our back. Us grunts really do try to do right by you guys because most of us are vets too, but we are hemmed up by the powers that be. Sorry from one vet to another