VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Records Access Being Denied

Rate this question

markbcheney

Question

Buffalo NY VARO refuses to afford me access to my file on record.

I finally was granted s/c for a claim started in 1994 that fell away when all information was given up and still denied back then.

Became employed for 16 years and the job owned me so the claim fell away. Now unemployed I decided to start up again. During the medical evaluation came to find out the VARO only reviewed the information at the base of injury.

And did not examine the treatment at the next two bases of assignment line of duty was established at two bases. Third base went all out in just getting me discharged ignoring my deteriorating health their goal was to get rid of me period.

With some discrepancies I was afforded s/c.

Now as I am trying to prepare a CUE I am being denied access to any in whole or part of my C-File.

Started requesting in March 14 told it is being digitized and I won't have any access to it. 511 pages I would like to check out but now I can't .

Anyone have ideas. Since I have attached my congressman my NYS DAV has to recuse himself.

Trouble is if my file isn't accessible how will they complete my claim for unemployability.

Backstrain to blown discs is what it has become.

Ask for the date it was sent to scanning.

The file is sent to an off site location, so they are telling you the truth that it cannot be accessed while at scanning.

They aren't able to move forward on processing your claim til it gets done at scanning.

However, once it gets back from scanning, they have to let you see your cfile.

Scanning usually takes 1 or 2 months, possibly less depending on your VARO.

this short video shows the process Edited by NavyWife

Thank you so it should be available to me by now then since my request was back in March 1 14. I realized of course that it is 25 cents per page or around 125 for the whole packet since I previously requested it. Why are no distinctive marking in place on neither the NPRC documentation or VARO documentation. I pulled it apart with my first request as I compiled my own medical military file and theirs to note that they had not been as through as they would have you believe. Actually there are three claim incidents that this lack of comprehensive evaluation affects. I have already approached them and will try again to see if this stalling continues. Placed a response call to 8271000

Here is a good one. I asked my DAVSO in Detroit to request a copy of my C-file he told me mine is now an electronic record, but he did no know how long it would take as there is just ONE person in that VA department that is doing the work. So my DAVSO has no idea how it will take for that person to complete the request :excl:

Hugh :wub:

Okay I called 827 1000 and they noted my query. When it was researched the only resolution was for it to have a tracking incident number established since there is nothing in the system to denote what has transpired. There is a 10 day waiting from them to respond by Email phone or my preferred snail mail. I will be in touch with this forum since I have no trust in this buffalo office we shall see.

No, not the date you requested the cfile.

I'm saying the date it was sent for scanning.

The 800 # might be able to tell you. Ask them, " What is the date my cfile was sent for scanning?"

Then 30 to 60 days after that, try to go view it.

No, not the date you requested the cfile.

I'm saying the date it was sent for scanning.

The 800 # might be able to tell you. Ask them, " What is the date my cfile was sent for scanning?"

Then 30 to 60 days after that, try to go view it.

Where can we view our c-fine? On Line?

Hugh

Edited by hmcquade