VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Med School

Rate this question

MDwannaBE

Question

Hey Guys,

Respect this forum a lot, has answered a lot of questions and put a lot of doubt in my mind. Let me start from the beginning. I am an 80% disabled OIF, OEF vet. I have an MBA and my bachelors completed. I found out after completing these I went to a school that a lot of people aren’t getting jobs with right now. (Online For Profit) And I just got into medical school. I have used up all of my post 9/11 benefits and would like to start to use my Vocational Rehab bennies

I have my first meeting tomorrow with the person, after hounding and getting my Vonapp in there. I have already been accepted to the school. I have a 3.66 GPA in my MBA and a 3.72 in my Bachlors.

I want to know if anyone has had someone tell them to go screw because I feel that is what’s going ot happen. Or do I have a decent chance because I have already put in the ground work.

I guess I could work now but would loath it and not want to be doing what I am doing. Do they take that into consideration? What kind of buzz words should I use? I have read on here that they don’t give a dam as long as you CAN get a job but what about personal satisfaction? End of the day it’s my benefits at 80% I dam well earned them so they should get in line or should I start kissing butts?

Hey Guys,

Respect this forum a lot, has answered a lot of questions and put a lot of doubt in my mind. Let me start from the beginning. I am an 80% disabled OIF, OEF vet. I have an MBA and my bachelors completed. I found out after completing these I went to a school that a lot of people aren’t getting jobs with right now. (Online For Profit) And I just got into medical school. I have used up all of my post 9/11 benefits and would like to start to use my Vocational Rehab bennies

I have my first meeting tomorrow with the person, after hounding and getting my Vonapp in there. I have already been accepted to the school. I have a 3.66 GPA in my MBA and a 3.72 in my Bachlors.

I want to know if anyone has had someone tell them to go screw because I feel that is what’s going ot happen. Or do I have a decent chance because I have already put in the ground work.

I guess I could work now but would loath it and not want to be doing what I am doing. Do they take that into consideration? What kind of buzz words should I use? I have read on here that they don’t give a dam as long as you CAN get a job but what about personal satisfaction? End of the day it’s my benefits at 80% I dam well earned them so they should get in line or should I start kissing butts?

Personal satisfaction - doesn't figure anywhere in regards to receiving veteran's disability benefits.

It does not matter whether you loath working or enjoy working - it matters if you are ABLE to work or not,

due solely to service connected medical issues.

There are no specific "buzz words" I can refer you to.

jmho

I agree with Carlie, as I am 100% VA and SSDI along with my wife is my caregiver. I do not enjoy not being able to work at the age of 32. As far as school goes I have 2 Bachelors and a Double Masters Degree, and I made sure to get them from a well known University. I had to approve my junior troops packages to go to College, and if it was a For Profit or a College that was not reputable then I would not approve the troop to go to that College. Too many gimmicks out there, whether the student knows about it or not. Everyone is trying to cut corners on time, or the fake schools are just trying to make a few bucks. Good luck either way.

I have my Bachelors of Health Science from TUI...found out that the school is mostly unknown and unimportant...when putting it on a resume...I have worked, but have a hard time keeping a job if I am lucky to get one.

I now get SSDI and am still only 60% SC. My education hasn't helped me with work...I am just unable to work right now due to my SC conditions.

I don't know about personal satisfaction. In the medical field it is all about having credentials more than the education. You need it on paper that you can do the skills that you have trained to do. You need certifications and licenses. The diploma is only something nice to hang on the wall. Sorry to put it that way...but you have to have something on paper that the state will allow you to work in that job.

I would love it if I could work again. I worked in health care for many years. I was a Navy Corpsman and sought civilian certifications....I have skills and experience, but none of that matters as my SC keeps me from working. I have issues with keeping a decent job if I am lucky enough to get one.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Years ago, My local Voc rehab moron said they would not cover degrees like computer science due to outsourcing from abroad. I withdrew my application so I could reapply later if necessary.