VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Med School

Rate this question

MDwannaBE

Question

Hey Guys,

Respect this forum a lot, has answered a lot of questions and put a lot of doubt in my mind. Let me start from the beginning. I am an 80% disabled OIF, OEF vet. I have an MBA and my bachelors completed. I found out after completing these I went to a school that a lot of people aren’t getting jobs with right now. (Online For Profit) And I just got into medical school. I have used up all of my post 9/11 benefits and would like to start to use my Vocational Rehab bennies

I have my first meeting tomorrow with the person, after hounding and getting my Vonapp in there. I have already been accepted to the school. I have a 3.66 GPA in my MBA and a 3.72 in my Bachlors.

I want to know if anyone has had someone tell them to go screw because I feel that is what’s going ot happen. Or do I have a decent chance because I have already put in the ground work.

I guess I could work now but would loath it and not want to be doing what I am doing. Do they take that into consideration? What kind of buzz words should I use? I have read on here that they don’t give a dam as long as you CAN get a job but what about personal satisfaction? End of the day it’s my benefits at 80% I dam well earned them so they should get in line or should I start kissing butts?

SEH (10% rating +) Chapter 31 is school from 12 years of enlistment and/OR last disability claim rating OR anytime for ratings over about 40% OR TDIU. SEH is strong. Use it or you lose it: the brain. SEH and Chapter 31 is pretty much always there in most cases. Wish I could say the same thing for the brain and tbi vets.

You just need to live within a couple of hours of the State VA Benefits center because the vre counselors are recruiters exclusively and won't give you the time of day after you are in the program. You will be visiting the State VA Benefits center up to every other week. It's a part time job getting your payments, but it's worth it. Forget about any expenses (that's a pipe dream for the greedy), because you will be working hard to get tuition and board: the biggies. The whole State funnels down to a Vice Director, lol, working like hell with constant stacks of Vet's paper work flowing through his office, and he is only there about half the time at the very most.

That's ANY school pretty much if you got the drive. Good luck!