VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Service Connect Sleep Apnea And Other Sleeping Disorders

Rate this question

neferaM

Question

brothers and sisters in arms. I developed sleep apnea during service and on thing I am having problems with, is to service connected. I served with the 4ID in Iraq and once we returned to Ft.Hood, the Division was moving to Ft.Carson. Everything was so fast. I was put out the Army two months after our return. Everything was so fast that I never got a phase II phisical. The Army made sure I was out, but I didn't make sure I was getting out with the proper evidence. Now I have sleep apnea. Hard to prove with out evidence (like everything with VA) now I also have ptsd and it seems that I will get a rating. My sleep study is on Monday. What proof can I show VA at this point to garantee a service connection? Does my ptsd will come in to play? Any advice is welcome. Thank. BTW I am looking to service connectee legitimately, I don't want any lies or tricks, so ...please refrain from offering twisted ways to get benefits. Thanks for any advice.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:39 AM, rhoe said:

...you do realize that these regulations are written by congress, and not the VA, right? The VA can only work within the bounds of the law. If you think SC is being denied unfairly, then the law needs to be changed by congress. Complaining to VA personnel that are bound to uphold the regulations that congress enacts is about as useful as spitting into the wind.

I do realize that. I also realize that they made choices based on their own opinions, not based on those very same laws you spoke of. Congress did not follow the 38 CFR to deny my claims. The VA's employees, choosing not to follow the laws set forth by Congress, did, in fact, choose not to follow those laws.The Laws may need to be changed because they are incredibly discriminatory, but more so, the VA employees need to actually follow the laws as they are already written. Just that alone would have prevented 90% of all denials.