VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus, Gerd, Insomnia Claims Help Needed

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

Has anyone filed for these claims and how is the c & p. I have filed the gerd/barretts and insomnia secondary to ptsd. The tinnitus is something I`ve had for many years and never realized a claim could be filed until finding Hadit.

Cavman

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ft Meade was all Army when I was there in 1971. I did stop there a couple years ago and got permission to go on base by persuading some e-5 that I had been stationed there years ago and would love to drive thru once more in my life. After hesitating a few minutes he gave in. I did think kina shaky security.

Yes, I was 11th Cav Blackhorse from late 1960 thru 1970. MOS - 11D. I walked point for 6 months, so never think the cav is strictly infantry tracks etc. Was your vet there the same time as me? I was E-Troop. As you know I also have a stage 4 tonsil/lymphnode cancer and would like to know what he has. By the way Berta, my cancer doesn`t fall under any soft tissue cancers either. My surgeon thinks it`s so stupid tonsil isn`t recognized when the dioxins had to travel thru the throat and over the tonsils. Probably, one day it will be on the list when I`m in the crypt.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

I served in tha Air Cav and I have tinnitus in right ear. I asked for service connection was never given a C&P and denied in 1998.

Yeah- I think he was there in late 1960s or 1970s-he has Non Hodgkins lymphoma-an Agent Orange presumptive. I think he was near An Loc-will check with him on that---

CAVMAN I would continue to keep the tonsil claim open if I were you- in any way y0u can- we dont know what the future will bring if more conditions are added to the AO presumptive list.

I feel you have a good chance to get secondary SC to PTSD for many of your other conditions-it will still boil down to medical evidence of a nexus- and there are those awards at the BVA that show what I mean.

I wonder- are you positive your DD 214 reflects all of your awards and decorations?

Have you ever requested a DD 149 to see if they are all there?

Here is the form -just put Not applicable to the "injustices" part and tell them you just want to be sure your DD 214 is correct and if not would they issue a DD 215 to you.

Many Vietnam vets I know, by using this form, found they had awards or decorations that were not on their DD 214s.

dd0149.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember Blackhorse used to have a unit at BearCat. I saw them there in their tracks. The guys lived in those things as hot as it was they must have been like ovens.

• HadIt.com Elder
History is resplendent with great Calvary men-

Alexander the Great, Stonewall Jackson, and General George S. Patton-

I bet your Units have web sites-

were you Blackhorse in Vietnam?

http://www.blackhorse.org/blackhorse/unitinfo.html

I have a very good friend who was Blackhorse in Nam. He is my AO vet with 1151 ,2 PHs and AO cancer.

Fort Meade -question Cavman- my daughter worked at Fort Meade in the USAF (INTELL) and is at NSA now- I think they made Fort Meade to be considered now as part of Washington DC but cant remember where I heard that. Have you heard that?

Check this out men and women- right after 9-11 for some reason I wondered if the whole lay out of Fort Meade was on the internet- guess what it was!

I was shocked. My daughter had just been suddenly transferred to the Battle Staff on 9-11 and she could not believe that the internet held a complete detailed map of the Fort.

I hesitate to even see if this map is still on the net.

Breta - Calvary is a religous/Christian term. Cavalry, refers to the horseman, helicopters and armour in the military.

Yeah- I think he was there in late 1960s or 1970s-he has Non Hodgkins lymphoma-an Agent Orange presumptive. I think he was near An Loc-will check with him on that---

CAVMAN I would continue to keep the tonsil claim open if I were you- in any way y0u can- we dont know what the future will bring if more conditions are added to the AO presumptive list.

I feel you have a good chance to get secondary SC to PTSD for many of your other conditions-it will still boil down to medical evidence of a nexus- and there are those awards at the BVA that show what I mean.

I wonder- are you positive your DD 214 reflects all of your awards and decorations?

Have you ever requested a DD 149 to see if they are all there?

Here is the form -just put Not applicable to the "injustices" part and tell them you just want to be sure your DD 214 is correct and if not would they issue a DD 215 to you.

Many Vietnam vets I know, by using this form, found they had awards or decorations that were not on their DD 214s.

I was in An Loc a few times. We worked Tay Ninh Province along the Cambodian Border. Give he his last name if you can, maybe I know him or tell me what state he is from and maybe I can guess.

There are two citations not listed in my DD-214 and they are a Vietnamese Cross of Galantry and citation for Bravery. I don`t think they would help my claims so I really don`t care if they show.

The cancer will probably get me before it is ever listed as AO caused. I do have a lawyer friend that would take it to the Supreme Court if needed, but I don`t think I can win it. Seems almost funny to see these words and me acting nonchalant about them (cancer). It is still almost like a bad dream, going from being the life of the party and feeling good on Thursday and being told on Friday you have cancer really bad. Enough harping about it. I was in shock that day, but have somewhat accepted it although it does piss me off that I`m sure I sacrificed my life early for the war. Even if God allowed me to survive for years the treatment has damaged me so bad that the quality of life sucks. BUT I`M DAMN OK!!

Berta, do you really think I will need to see a doctor about the ringing in my ears for 35 years to get the claim thru?

Cavman