VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus, Gerd, Insomnia Claims Help Needed

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

Has anyone filed for these claims and how is the c & p. I have filed the gerd/barretts and insomnia secondary to ptsd. The tinnitus is something I`ve had for many years and never realized a claim could be filed until finding Hadit.

Cavman

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I remember Blackhorse used to have a unit at BearCat. I saw them there in their tracks. The guys lived in those things as hot as it was they must have been like ovens.

I lived in an infantry track the whole tour. Once in a blue moon I would lay on the ground under a poncho, but not often because if your guy fell asleep you would sure get your throat cut. If you were sleeping in the track with the other 2 guys you might not be the one charlie picked.

Cavman

CAVMAN -his name is Richard Smith and I think he always lived in this area-

He lives in Steuben County NY and I think he enlisted when he lived in Almond NY.

I cannot imagine that the VA would not grant you tinnitus with your combat background.

But they are only granting 10% whether it is in one ear or both.

Have you had a good hearing exam lately?

Yeah they forgot the Gallantry Cross on other Nam vets DD 214s.It is a beautiful decoration.

When a vet gets it on a DD 215 they get a nice letter telling them they have to buy it as it is not our Gov issue but all bases sell it.

I hope they put the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal with the 1960 device on your DD 214-I would think that too should be there.

They added 4 decorations to my husband's DD 215 when he applied for correction.

A Citation for bravery-veteran -I sure would want that on the DD 214 too if I were you- this type of could

help any veteran's PTSD claim and it is something to be very proud and share with the family.

Edited by Berta

CAVMAN -his name is Richard Smith and I think he always lived in this area-

He lives in Steuben County NY and I think he enlisted when he lived in Almond NY.

I cannot imagine that the VA would not grant you tinnitus with your combat background.

But they are only granting 10% whether it is in one ear or both.

Have you had a good hearing exam lately?

Yeah they forgot the Gallantry Cross on other Nam vets DD 214s.It is a beautiful decoration.

When a vet gets it on a DD 215 they get a nice letter telling them they have to buy it as it is not our Gov issue but all bases sell it.

I hope they put the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal with the 1960 device on your DD 214-I would think that too should be there.

They added 4 decorations to my husband's DD 215 when he applied for correction.

A Citation for bravery-veteran -I sure would want that on the DD 214 too if I were you- this type of could

help any veteran's PTSD claim and it is something to be very proud and share with the family.

I can`t remember the kid`s first name, but he was our point man when I arrived and I walked second for a few months training behind him for his job when he rotated. We all called him Crazy Smitty. He and I almost got wasted on a patrol right before he left when the rest of the patrol ran and left him and I only against a platoon of NVA regulars. He was nuts and carried an M-60 all the time. Name was Smith. Ask him if he was in E-TROOP.

Cavman

Will do that-maybe a long shot but it sure Sounds just like him---

He was shot twice in Nam. And when he worked for the local VA he took no crap at all from them.He and my husband were branded as the crazy Nam vet trouble makers by their co-workers at the VA.