VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Possible To Quadruple Dip

Rob m

My buddy is a military retiree who also collects VA disability (50%) he's thinking of apply for SSDI which would give him 3 checks. He is also a FERS employee but may not be able to keep up the GS job much longer due to service connected problems and told me he was going to apply for FERS disability retirement giving him 4 checks.

I told him I thought 3 checks were possible, never heard of 4 (quadruple).

Any thoughts???

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My buddy is a military retiree who also collects VA disability (50%) he's thinking of apply for SSDI which would give him 3 checks. He is also a FERS employee but may not be able to keep up the GS job much longer due to service connected problems and told me he was going to apply for FERS disability retirement giving him 4 checks.

I told him I thought 3 checks were possible, never heard of 4 (quadruple).

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Completely legal.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can dip even more if you have a private disability insurance policy. I paid $320 a year since 1984 for a disability policy. I started collecting on it in 2002 and have collected 103,000 bucks since them. As soon as you start to collect no more premiums. This is a well kept secret that disability insurance can be the deal of a lifetime if you get it before you are 100% disabled. I never thought I would need it but that is what insurance is for. My brother has a much better policy than I had and he will never use it since he is working and healthy as a horse so far. The thing is anything can happen on the way to work or sitting in your Lazyboy at night in front of the TV. Now I have VA, OPM and SSDI. It is OK except it does not provide well for surviving spouse. You can buy an annuity for that purpose.

John