VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Radiology Report

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Once you have a C&P exam I know you can request a copy of the examiners report.

However, can you also request a copy of the radiology report too.

The physician might say CT Scan was negative, but I have heard some X-Rays, CT Scans, etc not being read at all.

I wonder if they would release the actual radiology report.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you sign up for a myhealthevet.gov get a premium account and the will all be in the blue button history, the exams and report will be

on there as long as it was done by the VA. You will have to go sign a release if you want actual films.

When you complete the VA form 10-5345 (Request for Medical Records) under "information requested," there is a section marked "other" where you can specify certain records that you are requesting. This is where you can request a copy of the radiology report and even a copy of the CT scan on disc.

If you believe the radiology report is incorrect, I would also request a copy of your actual CT and have an independent radiologist review it. I am not sure of the VA's policy on releasing copies of the actual radiological exams but most private radiologists have copies available for other doctors to review so possibly the VA can do the same. Last resort would be to have an independent CT scan by a private radiologist but CT scans are not cheap if you don't have private insurance.

Good luck to you.

• In Memoriam

The FOIA office ask for the date of the records that you want. What day was your CT MRI etc. Just be ready. CD's as well as records will come in the mail. I always use Mhealthevet for most records and request CD's for the rest.