VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Said A Decision Has Been Made On My Claim!

Rate this question

Ryguy

Question

Ok, so today a decision was made on my claim according to Ebenefits. I tried doing research but I'm assuming i'm in a remand and my appeal wasn't approved?? Could someone verify this is what ebenefits is saying. Below is a cut/copied version of my claim. Any information is much appreciated!!

04/15/2009 Local VA Office Decision RO 12/03/2009 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 12/16/2009 Appeal Pending RO 01/04/2012 Statement of the Case (SOC) RO 01/13/2012 Substantive Appeal (Form 9) RO 11/08/2013 Certification of Appeal RO 03/04/2014 Received by BVA BVA 03/04/2014 Administrative Case Processing BVA 03/04/2014 With VLJ BVA 03/11/2014 With VLJ BVA 09/15/2014 With VLJ BVA 09/16/2014 With VLJ BVA 09/23/2014 With VLJ BVA 09/30/2014 With VLJ BVA 10/02/2014 Pending Dispatch BVA 10/02/2014 Decision & Claims File Dispatch AMC

Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the Appeals Management Center or, if represented by an attorney, the Regional Office. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

Edited by Ryguy

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

RY: I hate to say this, "It is what it is." You have entered an area that I haven't seen covered in my past 4 years of VA Appeals research. I don't have the numbers, but it has seemed to me that a VERY large number of BVA and CVA appeals get remanded back to the VARO for further "Development." I don't have a clue on the number of remands where the Vets had an attorney. Just my gut on this but I would venture to say I think the lions share of Remands are on appeals without VA accredited lawyers. For better or worse, you will eventually find out what is going on. If you already haven't done so, consider getting a couple FREE Legal Consults with VA Accredited Appeals Attorneys. It certainly can't hurt and might give you some real unemotional incite. Good Luck!

Just for information purposes, how did you decide to skip the DRO Review Hearing process? If I'm following your time line right, you filed NOD 6 days after Denial (12/3/09) and decided on BVA. Carrying the naughts, it appears you had to wait 45 months to get a remand? I would think if any of your claim had been granted, you would have been notified but it doesn't appear that any issues were granted, right? What is your VSO Appeals Rep's opinion?

Semper Fi

Gastone

Well i deal with the vfw, and i just follow what they recommended, she said the bva appeals was the next step. Just from the sounds of it i hope im granted something but im not sure of this from the sounds of it