VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Bash

Rate this question

Slick

Question

Stretch and others,

Unlike many doctors who charge for IMEs or IMHO, I do not charge anything to any veteran who needs help with their claim or assistance in reconstituting mistakes made by VA MH clinicians, private providers who have little or no experience with veterans, or individuals who write IMEs or MHO. I post what I did based on a long term history of redoing messes created by other practitioners, including Dr. Bash. Again, it is only my opinion. All one has to do is research Dr. Bash's record with the BVA. Second, and I will repeat when it comes to Mental Heath diagnoses, ONLY a Clinicall Psychologist or Psychiatrist, or those they sign off on can diagnose or render an opinion pertaining to a claim. This does not include Internal Medicine Specilists, Radiologists, Family Doctors, Surgeons, LPCs, grandma, or a buddy who is a veteran.

Finally, for anyone suggesting I'm here to conduct business would be wrong. I'm retired, but still maintain active licenses to practice Psychology, and have been a certified expert in PTSD clinically and forensically for over 30-years. One may ask why I do what I do for free? I do it because I was helped by a doctor who assisted me in obtaining the ratings I felt I rated free of charge. It follows the old adage, "It was done for me, and I just pass it forward." Nothing more, nothing less. Like many of you, I'm a two tour Vietnam veteran who served in the Matine Corps; wounded twice; 100% P and T with SMC-S. In other words, been there, done that, and have the T-shirt. Just because I'm a Psychologist does not translate into I did not have a life before Psychology.

Patrick428

Edited by Patrick428

Stretch,

If you read the link to a BVA decision I posted you will see Dr. Bash rendering as opinion about Sleep Apnea secondary to Depression. If you check his website you will see this statement.

http://www.veteransmedadvisor.com

"Note: Remember, Dr. Bash may be available to help in the claims process for clients who suffer from PTSD or other psychiatric disorders if, and only if, the client already has a diagnosis of the exact disorder."

This is clearly out of his area of expertise. Stating a veteran must have a diagnosis of PTSD a or other mental disorder in order to evaluate claims and assist in the claims process is quid pro quo for any IME. No doctor is going to do an IME without a diagnosis. An IME is not the same as filing a DBQ. An IME is and evaluation with review of records ending in an opinion concerning mental health or medical conditions. In this respect, Dr. Bash renders opinions about mental problems. To the best of my knowledge Dr. Bash does not "farm" out mental health evaluations. I have read too many BVA decisions where he is sited giving opinions on mental health claims.

Patrick428

You have some misinformation here on Dr. Bash.

You stated :

"I am not sure of his ability with medical issues, however"

and that means to me, you have no valid basis for your negative opinion of him regarding 'medical issues'..

I am always very willing to always refer vets to Dr. Bash because his NeuroRadiology background gives him quite a leg up up many disability issues.

Yet it is EVIDENCE that makes a claim succeed.

And he can only work with the documented evidence he has, and no one can perform miracles in the claims process.

"No doctor is going to do an IME without a diagnosis."

Dr.Bash did that for me.

I filed a claim in 2003 that my former vet reps told me would never succeed.

It regarded undiagnosed and untreated AO DMII. The veteran (my husband, had been dead for 9 years by then so no current C & P could be done.

I did the major medical legwork myself and 3 IMOs (2 from Dr Bash and a freeby from a former VA Neuro) coorborated my lay medical research and the claim succeeded.

The only reason I needed 2 IMOs from Dr Bash is a long story which I shared with the H VAC years ago, and I never regretted paying for either one.

BTW Dr. Bash has a psychologist referral doctor (Dr Valette) who was on one or two of our radio shows.and he also has a right hand man who is superb at assessing claims...John Dorley....an incredicble veterans disability advocate.

Maybe you would like to share your memorialized concerns here ,with Dr Bash personally.

He is doing a radio show here at hadit at the blog radio icon which will appear on the right hand side of the main hadit page tomorrow.All of his shows have been great!

just call in tomorrow after 10 AM EST

I brought Dr. Bash to Jerrel's attention many years ago for these shows when we were called SVR radio then.....

and he has helped many hadit vets here since....

347 237 4819..

I will definitely be on the show too....waiting for your call

• HadIt.com Elder

Sleep Apnea is not a mental Health condition.

Dr Bash does farm out mental health issues. An MD uses an array of medical tests to determine a disease of the body. These tests Physically show a defect. Unfortunatly, there are no such tests for mental health conditions and everyone is working on the preminision of guesswork.

If you do wish to advertise here. Please contact Tbird's admin and I am sure that accomodations can be made.

Basser