VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shortness Of Breath

Rate this topic

Any one have shortness of breath with general labor, nothing real heavy?

I had an X-ray done as well as a pulmonary function test.

The X-rays report is,

Lungs are hyper inflated with flattening of the diaphragms. Heart size is normal. Pulmonary vessels are unremarkable. Lungs are clear, Interstitial markings are slightly prominent. No gross pleural reaction is seen. Early changes are detected in the lower dorsal segment.

My PCP, states mild hyperinflation, possible OPD issues, waiting on PFT results.

PFT results are that im good according to there test, waiting on them to send records to me.

35 years old, used to smoke, quit 5 years ago, except for one here and there.

Did vertical construction in Abu Ghraid, BIOP, Anaconda Iraq and Route Clearance is Eastern Afghanistan.

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

Psych doctor told me 90% of the psych meds can cause brething problem. For me hyperinflation is from using inhaler with some of the lung powders you inhale. Forgot the name of them. A hard lesson for me to learn.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit, Kilpelaj,

Yes. I have asthma that is aggravated by both enviromentals, activity/exercise, stress, and also impacted by some medications as Stretch indicated. Keep in mind that other meds can cause breathing problems too, like opiates.

PFT tests are not necessarily the final word. Certain respiratory conditions can be rated based on FEV1%'s or by the diagnosed condition and the medications used to treat it, frequency of meds, etc... If you can post your FEV1% and diagnosed conditions, we might be able to help.

Because you were a former smoker, that could complicate things. However, because you served in Iraq and Afghanistan, a lot of Veterans who served there may have been exposed to burn pits. There are also certain presumptive conditions too.