VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Traveling Board

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

How long does it normally take to get results from a traveling board judge? I meet a BVA Traveling Board on 16 Sep 2014. I haven't heard anything yet.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

1) There is no normal timeframe to receive a decision or remand.

2) It will probably take anywhere from 1 - 6 months just to receive your transcribe copy of the

hearing.

3) In speculation, my guess is you will know something more maybe around March

BUT . . .

it is normal this time of year, for them to try and clean out the numbers that they can

quickly

SO . . .

this might work out in your favor, time wise.

For now, try to find a hobby and stay busy and occupied.

jmho

Having mine 11-19 at 8:00 am. I have a lawyer because I couldn't take it anymore

Good luck - hope you have everything needed (credible and probable evidence) to

support a grant in full.

Hang in there.

Well had my BVA VLJ hearing today at 10.30 sharp and was out in 40 min It went better than I expected. The judge was very nice, the meeting was informal causal. My VASO rep came with me not that I needed him but to my surprise he was well prepared and spoke in my behalf and was quite knowledgeable about my case. The judge ask many question of me none that were not answered in my file. She took all my new evidence and had it entered electronically into my file so she could have her staff attorney go over my appeal and verify all my sworn statements. So much ez than a C&P your talking to a person who understands the Vet and is there to help him. Not much more to say now the waiting begins. She told me she could not tell me the out come of our meeting but that I would get a written statement with her judgment, and before I forget she also said she could not tell me how long it may take for me to get an answer about my appeal. All in all it went very good . Just have the right evidence and be carful with IMO because she mentioned that Vets not all, but some are paying doctors to fill out false IMO. well hope this helps lets see what happens will let you all know how long it takes to get denied or approved.

Greetings

I have been waiting since 2009 to finally get this opportunity to meet a BVA Traveling Board Judge. The DAV represented me and help me prepare for the board. I believed all of my contentions are solid and will be rated higher but you never know what the outcome will be...I’m hoping for the best results. Our session lasted about 40 minutes and was recorded. I'm currently rated at 90% and have enough solid service-connected evidence to get higher rating. In regards to one of my contentions, I'm rated at 20% for Diabetes and hope to get that increased to at least 60%. I provided a doctor's note for regulation of activities and medical records of four consecutive years of hospital stays for diabetic complications. That should take my over 100%.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Edited by chiefhouse00

MoJO: Looks good, now the wait. How long have you had your IU denial letter?

A Nam Vet I meet with told me the other day when I asked him about his Voc Rehab Denial letters location. Told me it was locked up in Fort Knox in his basement. Now I had pushed him to get it after his 2013 IU Denial. A while back I told him to use it to get the Michigan Disabled Vet Property Tax Exemption, it worked, he got 2013 and 14 Exemption. We started discussing the VA Reg regarding the triggering of a Denied Claim review by a Senior VA Rater any time "New & Material Evidence" pertaining to a Denied claim is received by the AOJ. I figured he hadn't sent a copy of the VA Voc Rehab Denial letter into the VA, I was right. His plan was to take it to his DRO Hearing, in 2 or 3 yrs, right. He agreed that would be crazy, he agreed to send it and a Signed Dela ration into the VA the next day. If I'm right, this "N&M Evidence should trigger the VARO Review and could get him IU awarded well before his DRO Hearing is held. Time will tell. One way or the other, the VARO Rater has to complete a Supplemental Statement of Case based on the N&M Evidence.

Semper Fi

Gastone