VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Traveling Board

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Chief: Wait on transcripion? 6/27/14 DRO Hearing Detroit VARO. After the VA DRO introduced himself and advised me that my NOD filed in 2010 was being addressed at this hearing, he advised me that the Hearing was schedualed as a "Formal Hearing" and would be recorded and transcribed. He added that it would take at least 12 months to get a copy of the transcription. I told him that I had file a request for an "Informal Conference" in 02/2014 to discuss evidence needed. That's when he told me I could have an "Informal Hearing" instead of the schedualed Formal Hearing. No recording or transcription, but I could go back on the Official Record (Recorded & transcribed) at any time I chose. I asked if I could record, if he recorded? I already had my recorder out. He stated if we went back on the record, I could also record. I opted for Informal, DRO said he would also cover my pending 10/2012 IU NOD. 35 min later I left the hearing knowing that all major $ issues had been awarded. DRO Award letter was on my VRO-Reps desk that afternoon 3:00 pm. Within 3 weeks, had big brown Award envelope and Retro $$ in bank. Glad I didn't have to wait for transcription and decision.

Semper Fi

Gastone

After my hearing my wife,attorney and I went to have a coffee together and each talked about how they feel it went. We all came to the same conclusion, it went well. The judge looked, acted and moved all in the right manners. Our evidence is strong as so was testimony,the law is on our side. But this is the VA !! Lol Now wait 3-8 months

Edited by me.plum

Greetings

Here's an update of my cases:

Case #1: Your case has been received at BVA and is currently being processed by administrative personnel and will be assigned to a Veterans Law Judge. Please note that, by law, BVA considers appeals in the order in which they are entered on the docket. Your docket number is based on the date of your appeal to BVA, and this number reserves your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA. Because BVA receives tens of thousands of appeals per year, you may have to wait some time before a Veterans Law Judge issues a decision on your appeal. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Administrative Case Processing (2)

04/14/2009 - Local VA Office Decision - RO

03/08/2010 - Notice of Disagreement (NOD) - RO

03/25/2010 - Appeal Pending - RO

03/14/2011 - Statement of the Case (SOC) - RO

05/11/2011 - Substantive Appeal (Form 9) - RO

02/24/2014 - Supplemental Statement(s) of the Case (SSOC) - RO

05/22/2014 - Certification of Appeal - RO

11/19/2014 - Received by BVA

11/19/2014 - Administrative Case Processing - BVA

Case# 2:

1. Decision & Claims File Dispatch: This indicates that BVA mailed the decision to you (and your representative, if any) and transferred your case to another location. Please refer to your Appeal Detail screen for further information about the specific location of your case.

07/12/2011 - Local VA Office Decision - RO

08/12/2011 - Notice of Disagreement (NOD) - RO

11/04/2011 - Appeal Pending - RO

10/07/2013 - Statement of the Case (SOC) - RO

12/02/2013 - Substantive Appeal (Form 9) - RO

02/24/2014 - Supplemental Statement(s) of the Case (SSOC) - RO

05/22/2014 - Certification of Appeal - RO

11/19/2014 - Decision & Claims File Dispatch - BVA

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Edited by chiefhouse00

Greetings carlie

Thanks for responding to my last post...I was hoping the wait time would be a little sooner since it closed on 19 Nov 2014. I haven't received a docket number for the first BVA case yet, so that one may take a year or more. I've come this far and plan on riding this horse to the finish line. I will keep everyone posted and as always, thanks for your sound advice.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse