VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Transfer Of Post 911 Gi Bill

Hello,

My daughter recently graduated college using my Post 911 GI Bill and hard earned money my wife and I furnished. Now there's a possibility I'll be granted 100% permanent and Total disability dating back 5 years. Do VA have to pay me back for funding my daughter's education or give me back my Post 911 GI Bill?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a question we have not seen here.

Yesterday I looked all over the VA web site and could not find an answer.

I suggest you go to http://www.va.gov/and then click on the "Contact Us " thing on the upper right hand side and then on "Ask a Question" and I believe you could direct this question directly to VA EDU...

I was a Chapter 35er myself and many told me I was eligible for Pell Grants in addition to Chap 35n but I never tried that.

In your case it is different. When I attended American Military University (I was only civilian there at the time a few years ago) I had a VA liaison financial aid person who worked for the college and had direct contact with the VA.

A vet herself, she obviously had a good knowledge of the GI bill so I would think your daughter's GI bill counselor would know the answer to this.

I regret I dont know the answer to your question and she herself might need to use the Contact US..because I just remembered that once I tried to get Chap 35 info for my daughter but VA reminded me that not only was she a veteran herself but she was an adult and had to ask the question herself, with her own C file number.

( I still hope she looks both ways before she crosses the street----a 7 year vet,OEF, Intel, in Harms way a few times too....but they are always our babies.Except to the VA)

Please let us know what info you get...it could help others...

Edited by Berta