VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit Redesign For 2015 - Suggestions For Tbird

Saw your shout T and figured I'd give feedback here.

Hadit is chock full of helpful information but can be overwhelming for new visitors.

When giving driving directions to someone I try to think as if I was driving there for the first time: what would be helpful for me to know, use as landmarks etc.

1. "Where To Start" at the top for newbies who are walking into the VA labyrinth for the first time. Can have brief synopsis of The Process, what is 1st priority like deciding whether to use a VSO (pros and cons), ...

2. Claims and Medical Issues could be separate sections with their own flow

3. 2 columns of info instead of 3

4. Smaller chunks for each topic "Aid and Attendance Veterans Benefit" etc but keep the topic print large. So more topics may be seen on each page without scrolling.

I'm guessing the borders with a Red House and Blue House on left are placeholders for other info - I'd delete them if not being used so more info is on 1st page. On Hadit forum the first 2 pages are occupied so you have to go down to 3rd page to start getting to relevant information; I'd like to see what's relevant to me on 1st page.

5. Smaller Share buttons for Twitter etc. Everyone knows what those are - I use none of them and would like less emphasis on them.

6. PLEASE ignore the trend to put a pop up when people first reach the site - I Always ignore those and they are a turn off.

Thanks for all you do! :smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

Tbird, about 2 years ago I started using Google to find some of my prior posts, instead of using the hadit search engine.

I was able to better narrow down the google search because there is so much here.

Has anyone else had problems finding what they need on the search feature??? or maybe it is just me.....

I find too, that lately I have been stating in posts ( available under a search here)

for stuff I refer to in replies whereby I don't have time to type out or repeat what I have already posted here...often many times before.

Maybe it is me because my time is limited and everything I do here is fast and I expect fast search results.

And maybe it is also the fact that we get new members who have not taken the time to access the specific info here that could help them ,before they ask a question , to get an answer that has already been posted here many times before.

Someone made the comment to me,off the board ,as to how long and detailed my replies can be and often contain many links. I will need to cut down on the time those links can take to find,if we have not had similar posts here to help them. 2015 will be a very busy year for me for some non hadit related stuff.

If claimants can use the internet to get here, they need to realize they can use the internet in many ways to bolster their claims as far as understanding their medical conditions, the meds they take,

and to familiarize themselves with the way the BVA and even the CAVC thinks,and assesses evidence, when they decide a claim.

I am new and I am so grateful for the forum and the folks here. I filed a cliam for ptsd and I was awarded fifty percent in less than a hundred twenty days amazing I was surprised. That was only possible because of what I learned here on how to present cliam. But it was difficult to find information with existing search feature. I am above average computer skills. I am also an outstanding researcher. I feel that in my hectic schedule I was limited with what I found here, due to va appointments and work. I feel I could have made even a better initial cliam with more information. My secondary was not awarded and the information for secondarys is real difficult to obtain and I dropped the ball on my cliam providing the evidence for success.

• Founder

Thank you these are some great suggestions and I will coming to you here to ask for you to look at things as I change them. Please take a look now and see what you think of some of the changes I've made. I've added a Google Search to just search the forums I've attached a screenshot so you can see where the search button is located and you can test it out here http://www.haditvaclaims.com

post-1-0-13346000-1417387133_thumb.png

• HadIt.com Elder

I like the suggestions Kelly, I would like to have a discussion forum for vets that can just chat back forth and it actually helps how and what all they did to win their claim...I read interesting stories about claims, I don't get out much and hadit actually helps me kinda a theraphy for me just reading post and reading bout what other veterans has went through....I wish I could help out more.

Thanks Ms T For all your hard work, in my opinion out of all the web sites on the internet to help veterans with there claims and how to cut time down wining their claim Hadit is number One!

• Founder

Saw your shout T and figured I'd give feedback here.

Hadit is chock full of helpful information but can be overwhelming for new visitors.

When giving driving directions to someone I try to think as if I was driving there for the first time: what would be helpful for me to know, use as landmarks etc.

1. "Where To Start" at the top for newbies who are walking into the VA labyrinth for the first time. Can have brief synopsis of The Process, what is 1st priority like deciding whether to use a VSA (pros and cons), ...

2. Claims and Medical Issues could be separate sections with their own flow

3. 2 columns of info instead of 3

4. Smaller chunks for each topic "Aid and Attendance Veterans Benefit" etc but keep the topic print large. So more topics may be seen on each page without scrolling.

I'm guessing the borders with a Red House and Blue House on left are placeholders for other info - I'd delete them if not being used so more info is on 1st page. On Hadit forum the first 2 pages are occupied so you have to go down to 3rd page to start getting to relevant information; I'd like to see what's relevant to me on 1st page.

5. Smaller Share buttons for Twitter etc. Everyone knows what those are - I use none of them and would like less emphasis on them.

6. PLEASE ignore the trend to put a pop up when people first reach the site - I Always ignore those and they are a turn off.

Thanks for all you do! :smile:

On the forum do you mean to get to the VA Claims Forum? Could you explain it bit to me?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use