VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit Redesign For 2015 - Suggestions For Tbird

I was just thinking what Berta said, and then it was there. Being able to effectively search is very important.

Also, just as a suggestion:

I think there are two "classes" of people who use hadit:

1. Rookies searching for information. This is important and most of the pro's started out there. These poeple need general information, Regional Office addresses, where/how to find a VSO, how to apply, how to file a NOD, etc.

2. Pro's who are looking for VERY specific answers often legal interpretations, and case law. This includes things like fast letters, OGC opinions, Key cases such as Bradley vs Peake, NVLSP summaries (such as those at Purple heart, which I have posted) and advanced answers. We already know what a VSO is, we know what it takes to get your case to CAVC, and most of us have been denied multiple times so we know how to file a NOD.

Seperating these may be helpful to both. Of course, the rookie could look in the Pro section as could vice versa, but it would be a time saver. Links, for example, to precedential case law, fast letters, OGC opinions, key cases (on your topic, hopefully searchable) would be great for even pro's like Berta.

However, the rookies probably dont want to read CAVC case law, as they are unlikely to have much of an idea what that means and it will go over their head. Instead, they will want the basics: How to file for benefits, how to file a NOD, and the like.

By organizing hadit based, in part, on THE (Hadit Reader's) level of expertise, they are more likely going to find the answers they need quickly. Remember, other than socializing, the main purpose of hadit is to save time for those seeking benefits. Both groups want to save time:

The rookie may be working a job, and needs to quickly file for benefits with a few of mistakes as possible.

The Pro, on the other hand, is less likely to be working, and is likely at/near 100% (or DIC, as in Berta's case, as Berta is a Pro for sure..no one will dispute that) Still, even if they are a Vet's advocate helping others, like Berta, we still need to quickly get our answers, and dont need to sift through what a Nod is, or what CAVC is, etc.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the topics should be reviewed and reduced. I fear that many posts get lost in so many different topics.

Claims

Social

Social Security

Regs and Law

Medication

Success

• Founder

I think that the topics should be reviewed and reduced. I fear that many posts get lost in so many different topics.

Claims

Social

Social Security

Regs and Law

Medication

Success

Pete -

This thread is actually about http://www.hadit.com not the forums themselves.

Are you talking about the forums? We use to have one big forum for all Claims Research then a lot of folks wanted sub forums so it's always a difficult decision to figure out which is the best way to go.

What forum categories do you think there should be?

• Founder

Love the Google Search claims box- worked well on test search for PTSD and Apnea. I even modified to Apnea 2014 and it brought up posts including that.

Great idea having Ebenefits Questions and FAQs under VA Claims Forum. I also like the Tips for Veterans Applying for VA Benefits near the top.

You probably already give newbies info on posting but some tips I see which could help are:

1. Post a clear title like 'Need help preparing PTSD claim' or "VA med center won't schedule my surgery" instead of 'I have a question'.

Knowledgable people who don't have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn't clear in the title.

I don't read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

2. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story.

Again - You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

3. Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Example is:

A. I was previously denied for apnea - Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and recived a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like "Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?" etc.

I'm not singling out any members here; these are common issues I see in many posts and have probably done myself.

Thanks, T! :smile:

Check out this page it's our site's search page and I've incorporated your suggestions http://www.hadit.com/searching-our-site/

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use