VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd, Chronic, Severe

Rate this question

snake doctor

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hi Snake doc,

I am not the best on MH ratings, but other members might be able to better assess this for you. In my opinion, section 4 is marked "total occupational and social impairment", which could indicate a possibility of getting a 100% rating. Please note that I could be wrong on this.

Good luck!

Stressors are conceded due to combat.

PTSD diagnosis is given by VA.

Examiner marked Total Occupational and Social Impairment.

Looks like 100% to me!

Hopefully they will rate you at 100% based on this strong opinion given by the VA examiner. If for some reason the rater decides to give you 70% instead of 100% you will definitely want to appeal. Everything that is needed for them to rate you 100% is given in this exam report.

It's possible you might even end up with an SMC - S rating once all your other conditions are rated. That would add approximately $300 to your monthly compensation.

Any other claims for mental health such as depression or anxiety will be rolled in with this PTSD rating -and they will only give one percentage for any mental health ratings.

If any of your other issues get denied due to no Nexus-you will want to check and see if they are on the list of Gulf War presumptives.

I sure agree with above comments.

I suggest you apply for SSDI benefits as well as TDIU.

But I also think they might SC you at 100% right off the bat.

Since you applied within one year after your discharge, the EED (Earliest effective date) for the retro on this claim will be the day after your discharge.

I have not seen a write up similar to that since VA awarded my husband 100% P & T for PTSD,

(posthumously...three years after he died.....Combat Vietnam USMC)

BTW, the CRSC and CRDP info link I posted yesterday for you in another topic , will help you as well....

You could be eligible for both programs but they only pay for one program.

I am thinking this will be the prime claim they award.

The other disabilities you claimed, ,if any one of them is rated at 60% or more ,would also garner you the SMC S award.

Hello,

On Saturday I received a notice from Social Security Administration Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance Notice of Disapproved Claims. Please let me know what course of action i should take.

/r