VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification Back To Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

E-5 Big D

Question

I have been a long time reader of the success stories on this site, I have never posted before. So here I go on my rant. I filed a DRO Appeal at the Muskogee Regional Office October 2013, I then had my DRO Hearing in May of 2014, at this hearing the DRO explained to me that it would be an informal non-recorded hearing simply because she seen the mistake that the VA Rating Officer made and that this would be a quick fix. "No later than end of July 2014." I had opened a dependency claim in January 2014 as well due to getting married. Now that I have an open dependency claim and a DRO appeal going on at the same time I'm pretty sure I screwed myself. That darn 1-800-no one knows a damn thing keeps reading me the same old paragraph about if we need anything we will contact you. My dependency claim went to Preparation for Notification on December 2, and now today December 18 it goes back to Pending Decision Approval, can someone explain what is so freak'en hard about approving a spouse that it had to get sent back a stage? Also can someone enlighten me on one more question. Could this be what is slowing down my DRO Appeal. The appeal is for PTSD increase, and IU. I'm already at 60% and the DRO officer explained to me that I should be at 90-100% for PTSD alone not to mention the other 8 items on my claim that all together gave me a 60% rating. Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Welcome to the Muskogee RO. If your VSR is with the State of Okla Vet Affairs, they can possibly enlighten you on the status of your claim. (918-781-7766) They are in the office next door to RO. When I was there, I even noticed some from each office go to lunch together. One of the VSR's just retired last year from the VARO and his wife is still a DRO in that office. While you cannot help but be concerned about some of your info being addressed between some of them without your knowledge, sometimes it can prove beneficial as your VSR may be able to tell you the exact status of your claims. Good luck.

Thanks for the good information, my VSR is the DAV they are also located in the RO next door. I can't get much if any information out of them people, they have done one DRO Check they call it, where they go and check with the lady DRO officer, unfortunately, the lady told them I was in the top 4-6 claims on her desk this was back in August, so I'm not sure how long it takes to do 4-6 reviews but it seems like 4 months is a little excessive since she did openly admit that the VA screwed up rating it the first time. Thanks again for your insight.

E-5 Big D,

Have you considered sending an e-mail to the new Secretary of the VA. A lot of vets on this website have had success sending e-mails to Secretary McDonald. His e-mail address is: Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov

Make sure you put a period before and after his middle initial "A" .

Good luck

You are welcome.

I just sent Secretary McDonald an e-mail, I am sure he will only toss it out, thinking here is another complaining veteran but maybe just maybe he will take a concerned veterans message and actually read it.