VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wife Applied For The Caregiver Program

Rate this topic

As the title says, my wife applied for the Caregiver program around the 1st of December.

We had the pre-screening, the in person evaluation and are now waiting for the in home inspection.

Our worker went through all the questions with my wife and have us a "score" of 28. I don't know what that means or if it's bad or not. But has anyone else gone through this and provide a little light on what else to expect and what the difference between this program and aid and attendance is? Being now an unemployed 100%-er with smc-s, and waiting to hear from ssdi, she needs to know what we will have coming in monetarily.

Thanks guys.

-Mario

Good luck bud, it took my wife 5 months to get approved and it took a lot of Docs, and paperwork in the process. Good luck and keep us updated as a lot of good Vets on here ask about this program all the time. Sorry to hear of your health issues and hope you have a better year than the last.

I don't know if we are approved? She took the test online and we have a orientation type thing (I have to go so I don't know if that means anything.) on Monday. I don't even know how this thing works. But I will keep everyone posted on it.

On a side note. I'm really sorry that all vets and their care Takers aren't receiving this benefit. My mind still tells me that I don't deserve the benefits I have but my wife is always there to remind me that I HAVE EARNED them. Again it sucks that the ones who paved the way for me do t get to go down the road I am.

Good luck to you and your wife. The vet's spouses are the unsung heroes in my opinion so I am glad to see them get any assistance they can, especially financial. They deserve a lot more than we can give them and a lot more than the VA will ever give them.