VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Caregiver Program Not Avail To All

Rate this topic

You can thank the Wounded Warrior Project for the dichotomy. They personally lobbied hard for this and specified it should be for one class of Vets only- post 9/11. They had enough Wow at the White House and swayed Congress into it. When Bernie took over in 2012, he blew an ass gasket and began deliberations on making it for all of us. WWP retreated and said "We were only trying to help our buds." I doubt it will catch air with the new kids in town next week.

I saw Trace Adkins on TV last night passing the hat for them and singing "From the fields of Vietnam to the hills of Afghanistan..."

I have a good friend here in Purdy Washington. Gordon was twenty feet behind the guy on point who stepped on a Bouncing Betty up in Quang Tri province in June 67. His buddy evaporated from the waste down. It took off the top of Gordon's skull ear and his left eye, He was looking to his right when it went off or he'd be blind. One leg is way shorter than the other and his left hand is severely impaired by muscle loss. SMC S and a K for ED. They rebuilt his face and ear using pieces of his ass. He jokes and says if they'd taken an equal amount off both buttocks, maybe he could have gotten another K. He's alive and didn't lose his sense of humor. He should have Caregiver's rate because his wife stays home to care for him but-Sorry Charlie- Wrong war. They said the sum of his disabilities tends to disqualify him from A&A 1 because some of them are NSC. We're working on it. Shoot. Wouldn't want Old Gordon scamming the VBA for a couple hundred more a month, huh?

• HadIt.com Elder

Caregiver programs should be for all vets who need it. I know it is just about the money. The VA is waiting for us RVN and vets from previous wars to die. That WWP is the biggest scam in the media. The CEO gets $300,000 a year plus healthy expense account I bet. Many days my wife has to do shopping alone because I can't walk due to pain in my feet. She has eye trouble so sometimes we go places together. I am her eyes and she is my feet. We could use extra money for caregiver since we both need it.

I do agree that the VA loves to throw money at a lot of good programs, and yet the good programs that need money are starving for funds. Sad thing is that I also seen this happen when I was a federal agent back in 13. Rapists and Sex Offenders that I was tracking would got better treatment and ate better than we could ever imagine. God Bless and hope all has a better year than the last.

Anyone that collects SSDI should be able to get on the SSAs program that is similar to Caregiver and pays the same. All these programs have one thing in common, that you can only get approved if a person's disabilities are severe enough. If these programs were given to every Vet that is 100%, and not based on severity of Disabilities then there would be a lot of not so bad off folks taken advantage of a good program, as do a lot of people on different forms of Welfare and Govt help, while the rest of us get stuck paying the bill.