VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Caregiver Program Not Avail To All

Rate this topic

What's the SSA's SSDI caregiver program called? Anyone have a link?

I'm with the rest of the crew and think this should be available to any and all deserving veterans.

I believe that the SSA calls it the Aid and Attendance home care taker, something like that. My sister in law just asked me about this program today for my Twin Brother. I do know that the SSA program is less Stringent than the VA caregiver program, and as I said above pays the same. Just remember that if a care giver spouse is approved they can not work full time. My wife only works 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, and the VA Coordinator recommended her to work some, to get out of the house and not let me drive her Crazy, LOL! Also as we all know by now, with all the help in the world, we will never get rich or live Lavish life styles, but I am always grateful, even if I have to deal with the Dang VA!!!

• 3 months later...

yoopergirl,

You are right. Pre 9/11 vets are sol. In my opinion, this is a form of discrimination and should be considered illegal. I guess it is not illegal because we are not being treated differently because of race, gender, religion or national origin. Whether illegal or not, it stinks to high hell. JMO

Take care GP

We can thank our WWP VSO for that. They pushed hard for it and lobbied it in. It's akin to Animal Farm by George Orwell. Some pigs are now more equal than other pigs...