VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Caregiver Program Not Avail To All

Rate this topic

On 1/6/2015 at 8:31 PM, Navy04 said:

Anyone that collects SSDI should be able to get on the SSAs program that is similar to Caregiver and pays the same. All these programs have one thing in common, that you can only get approved if a person's disabilities are severe enough. If these programs were given to every Vet that is 100%, and not based on severity of Disabilities then there would be a lot of not so bad off folks taken advantage of a good program, as do a lot of people on different forms of Welfare and Govt help, while the rest of us get stuck paying the bill.

I know a spouse who gets caregiver money and the veteran is not rated at 100% or IU, he is in voc. rehab, runs triathalons and volunteers as a church leader.  I don't think that this program is as hard to get into, maybe at a lower lever of pay, but sorry that disabled veteran can "do" much more than I can and the VA not providing the same benefits to all veterans is a shame at best.  The SSDI program also does not provide champva like the VA caregiver program does for the caregiver.

That Vet's Spouse may be getting the Lower Tier 3 which is only a few hundred a month, also you cant tell just looking at a Vet. I am 6'3 200lbs and built like an Ox and used to play sports even in the Military for the Service. If you saw me on the street you would not know how bad My Crohns is, or TBI or a chunk of my skull is missing, due to a full head of hair. I do agree that if Vets dont deserve or take advantage of the program then they should not be granted. The problem with the New Wars vs the others is there are Too Many Vets getting exposed to alot more then just Agent Orange. Hell every other month the Govt is trying to pay the OIF/OEF Vets to participate in Medical Studies, only to find out that we might get 20 different types of cancer any day of the week. In my case my Wife can not get ChampVA cause we Have Tricare due to me being Medically Retired, so again there is a program that I can not get yet I am Permanent Navy, VA and SSDI. I dont get upset, there are different programs for different Folks based on their needs and income. I did not know this program even existed but due to being so bad off, the VA Docs actually requested the Program for me, and I was approved fairly quick. In Tx there are less then a few hundred on this program, so yes it is a very hard program to get approved on the Highest Tier, and that is not many considering I live in one of the Biggest States with a heck of a lot of Vets. If anyone thinks they are going to get Rich off of being Disabled they are crazy, I was making over 20k a month with my education, and now I make a lot less. I have accepted my health issues and try to live day by day, and be grateful for my family. If you are as bad off as me, I truly wish you the best. God Bless