VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplies

Rate this question

diver

Question

I have been accepted into the voc rehab and I am curious on what I can expect for the computer and printer they are going to supply me for the training. All I know is that it's a laptop. Any idea?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well interesting. I just was told that I should here in the next couple of weeks about my disability claim. It has been less then a year and that is 2 years faster then the last time. It sounds like I will be going for 60% to 80 or 90%. will this possibly stop my voc rehab? I have not done the plan yet, they were ready to but I could not start the school without giving my work notice. I would obviously like to do the school but I am now afraid that they may change their minds about sending me. I know that there is a small possibility that I will hit 100% with bilateral factor added in. it will not be tdui if I get that so I hope that they don’t hold it against me. I still want to be able to work I am only 41 and yes from chest down I hurt like hell but that does not mean I don’t want to give up providing for my family.

Diver

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not TDIU, in general, you can work. (Even if you happen to have a 100% Statutory rating or beyond.)

There are separate regulations for "mental health", in that a PTSD 100% rating may prevent working, along with some other "gotchas".

Vocational training completion, after all is said and done, according to the regulations, may also reduce a TDIU rating

to that provided by the Schedule, assuming you can then obtain and hold other than "marginal" employment.

Remember that the vocational assessment was based upon you at the time of assessment.

"I could not start the school without giving my work notice"

So you are working now at a substantial job, and due to your disabilities will not be able to continue to do so?

Edited by Chuck75

Yes I have been at the same company for almost 9 years but now I have ddd and bulging disks in my lumbar back so I can not do my job anymore. If I get P&T do you think that will change things?

I requested a MacBook Pro with the retina display, I'm typing on it now. If you want a specific PC, or a Mac, I suggest you research exactly what you want and be able to substantiate why it is you want that specific computer.

Otherwise, you'll just get what they throw your way. Like the piece of junk HP printer I got...

Edited by K9MAL

I know this is old but thought I would respond just in case some else searches . I was given the option to have the VA send me a laptop and printer or make a request for a specific machine and justify my choice or buy the laptop myself and request reimbursement. I was informed that the limit was 1500 for a laptop and printer so I bought a MacBook Pro 13in with retina display. The VRE just had me email him the receipt waiting for a check now.

I know this is old but thought I would respond just in case some else searches . I was given the option to have the VA send me a laptop and printer or make a request for a specific machine and justify my choice or buy the laptop myself and request reimbursement. I was informed that the limit was 1500 for a laptop and printer so I bought a MacBook Pro 13in with retina display. The VRE just had me email him the receipt waiting for a check now.