VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

21-4192

Rate this question

Jmgonzales1966

Question

Reviewed Ebenefits and the only items missing is the 21-4192 forms- Unemployability forms They were sent out for completion on 12/9/2014. Prior to yesterday that is what what is the system with a activity date of 1/9/2014. Now they are saying they just sent out to employers 1/6/2015... Does not make sense. One of the employers is out of business and I doubt the other one will complete. Left on bad terms... So what is the get around on this one?

""Reviewed Ebenefits and the only items missing is the 21-4192 forms- Unemployability forms They were sent out for completion on 12/9/2014. Prior to yesterday that is what what is the system with a activity date of 1/9/2014. Now they are saying they just sent out to employers 1/6/2015... Does not make sense. One of the employers is out of business and I doubt the other one will complete. Left on bad terms... So what is the get around on this one?""

See what happens is when a veteran claims IU aka Individual Unemployability, we have to go out to their last employer no longer how long ago unless your last job was military. Ok with this VBMS program that the VA has begun in order to so call speed up things another story....but while waiting on documents to upload we are sending out request while you are sending in information kinda of like crossing paths. By law we have to go out to the last employer not employers so whichever is the last one you worked for. The reason for the activity date of 30 days, we are required to go out to private party e.g..doctors,employers, that the veteran indicates on a 21-8940,21-4142 and give them 15 days for the first request and then follow up with another 15 days giving a total of 30 days. If no response from the private party after the time has elapsed then we go on with finishing development in order to see if you are warranted with exam or on to rating board. Just a heads up in the future if you are filing for IU or have private party documents that you want to help support your claim I would get it all before I turn in my claim like do an informal claim then once you get the information file a formal claim so when you are awarded monetary compensation it will be paid back to the informal date as long as you file within a year. Hope this helps GOOD LUCK!!!!

Just for the sake of conversation:

Those forms will only be sent to the employers you worked for within the last 5 years. They will send them out....wait 30 days and if no reply....will send them out again and wait 30 days. Unless a Vet was let go because of a service connected disability, those forms really don't lend much to the TDIU claim. However your IU claim cannot be denied soley because an employer fails to fill out the form and return it. Some large corporate employers won't return them. If you worked for a small firm and left on good terms, you might want to walk the forms over there and submit them yourself, to save time. Good luck!

Edited by GatorNavy

What I find interesting is I received in the mail a request for me to get the form completed by employee. The letter states if they do not hear from me within 30 days they will decide the claim without evidence. Based on the letter they already requested and 30 day waiting period is up... I sent them a letter in ebenefits advising the 30 day waiting period is up to process the claim.. We will see if this works. I find this whole process dumb because most employees will not complete..