VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great Clips Denies Disabled Spokane Veteran Service

Rate this question

Notorious Kelly

Question

How is this still happening? http://www.krem.com/story/news/local/spokane-county/2015/02/18/great-clips-denies-disabled-spokane-veteran-service/23646733/ "He took a grenade to the head in Iraq seven years ago. His dog Sally helps him manage seizures and PTSD."

'Great Clips insists it does not discriminate against veterans, and the owner personally apologized to Cole.'

Well it seems to be an employee and manager that didn't know what they were talking about. The owners seem apologetic. Its terrible that businesses don't know how to treat people with service animals. Where I work, if there is any possibility that it is a service animal, we don't even question them.

Ignorance by the employee is no excuse. There should be some type of civil penalty when these type of incidents occur. The civil penalties would be a reminder to employers of the importance of making sure all current and future employees are constantly reminded of the laws regarding service dogs. JMO

that is sad but ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Hopefully this spurs up some awareness and it doesn't happen to any one again. Sad though. :sad:

• HadIt.com Elder

I get my haircut at Great Clips & there's a lot of us in my veterans group meet there and one veteran as a service Dog they always are friendly to all of us there 8 of us and the dog just lays down at the veteran chair don't do anything but just lay there don't bother anyone or kids that come there ect,,ect,,, they never ever turn any of us veterans down, matter fact we get 10% discount.

,I'll have to mention this to the Manager.

Buck!

Well Buck at least there is a store that has good practices. It is a shame though that one rotten apple can kill the public opinion of an establishment.