VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Is Retro Pay Start Day?

Rate this question

13Bcannoncocker

Question

Wondering about when back pay retro would start. From your new open claim date? Or can it be established when you stop working and are considered unemployable from your previous employer and doc's? Since it took me one year of no employment and know idea that TDUI even existed. And I was in and out of hospitals with little to no way of even starting a new claim if I even knew. Basically I haven't worked since 01/13. Started my new claim for TDUI 02/14. Nobody seems to no the answer to this lol:)

Edited by 13Bcannoncocker

That's the kind of info we can work with. Well done, did you get the "T & P no future exams," I don't recall from your prior posts?

The next mission is preparing for an A & A SMC filing. Until yesterday, I was sure a Vet had to be Scheduler 100% to get the SMC for A&A even if his Dr completed the A & A House Bound questionnaire. The VETLaw blog had a posting regarding IU and A & A SMC eligibility. I'm going to spend some time researching the post. Even if you or your wife don't need it now, better to be locked and cocked ready to go.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Buck,

The effective date of an award is also the beginning date for the 20 year rule for that particular award.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

I was thinking it was the beginning date of the disability claim and not the date of the rating decision,

example award decision date 2-5-2010 but the rating decision date was 2- 5- 2009 a year later

so the 20 year rule starts at the award date?

.........Buck!

Buck,

If you received an award letter from the VA dated February 5, 2010 stating you have been awarded 50% for Obstructive Sleep Apnea effective February 5, 2009, the start date for the 20 year rule would be February 5, 2009, which is the effective date of the award.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh okay gottca...Thanks GP

........Buck!

You are welcome my friend.