VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Is Retro Pay Start Day?

Rate this question

13Bcannoncocker

Question

Wondering about when back pay retro would start. From your new open claim date? Or can it be established when you stop working and are considered unemployable from your previous employer and doc's? Since it took me one year of no employment and know idea that TDUI even existed. And I was in and out of hospitals with little to no way of even starting a new claim if I even knew. Basically I haven't worked since 01/13. Started my new claim for TDUI 02/14. Nobody seems to no the answer to this lol:)

Edited by 13Bcannoncocker

Just received my letter.. So my retro was paid for the last date provided by my last employer.. But they put the wrong year date.. They put DEC 2013, when it was really Jan 2013. Which leaves almost 1 whole year of unpaid retro if I get this changed. Should I get this info changed? I know my previous employer would re submit the documents. How would I even go about this..?

I started my IU Feb 2014.

Here is what the letter states;

Entitlement to IU is granted because the claimant is unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of SC disabilities. Entitlement to IU is granted effective Dec 8th 2013, the date following the last date of employment because the claim was received within one year. Your employer indicated you last worked Dec 7th 2013.

I received retro for all 14 months.

But the correct date of last employment is Jan 7th 2013. leaving a 11 month typo.

Edited by 13Bcannoncocker

I just checked the e benefits website and my rating went from 70% to 90%. This is great news, but I also filed a claim for TDIU. My claim is still open and went from Preparation of Notification to Review of Evidence. Does this mean that I still have a good chance of getting TDIU?

The correct answer is it depends on what the claim is for and if it should have been claimed when exciting the service.  I filled my fathers claim for him in 2000 for Agent Orange relaited disabilities and they retro paid him back to 1985 when he was released from prison.  He received around $280k in back pay from it.  My pending cancer and sleap apnea claim will also back pay me to 2009 when I separated also.