VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success With Allison! Omg Thank You Hadit! For The Tip To Email Allison

Rate this topic

razinkane

• HadIt.com Elder

Since my email to Allison, I have been contacted over 14 times by the VA, They expedited my compensation claim.. I now have 6 c&P exams scheduled the last one ending on May 6th

They said they have a whole team working on my pay issue.. (it takes a team to do simple math???) My pay was stuck at the 2014 single rate of 577.. I got a direct deposit for 30.14 back pay for the COLA.. But wife is still not added to pay...

Thank You Hadit!!!!! Thank You all for the great advice.

Rich

"They said they have a whole team working on my pay issue"

Naturally! It takes a team of bureaucrats to accomplish just about anything!

("We can't have just one person to be held responsible!")

Getting individual veterans claims straighted out is worthwhile in itself, and commendable!

It's also very important that VA high level management has direct knowledge and evidence concerning

mishandled claims and poor resolution. The "lessons learned", and implementation of effective remedies

is just as important, and even more so if you consider that the remedies can favorably impact the tens of thousands

of claims still in the process.

It's amazing what can happen when *&$# hits the fan and congress is in the way!

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

Good news but it is not over till there is money in your bank and even than has to be something that you are satisfied by

• 8 months later...

December 16 2015    I finally got 100% permanent and total thanks to Under Secretary Allison Hickey and Staff.    

Words cannot express my gratitude. 

July 2013 started compensation claim

June 2 2014 got married filled out dependency claim.

June 2 2014 The VA approved my dependency claim but instead of closing the dependency claim... They closed my open compensation claim

June - March 2015 multiple calls to VA, VFW, Congressmen no action

March of 2015 I contacted Under Secretary Allison Hickey 

In May 2015 they increased me from 40% to 60% and lumped all my disabilities into fibromyalgia  and only back paid me to June 2014 instead of July 2013

40% is the max disability rating for fibromyalgia
fibromyalgia (includes headaches, depression/sleep disturbance/anxiety, fatigue, irritable bowel, stiffness, weakness, numbness, muscle pain, and joint pain of hips/buttocks, wrists/hands, arms, knees/legs, shoulders, neck, and ankles)40%Service Connected

Environmental Hazard in Gulf War

06/02/2014

degenerative joint disease of the lumbar spine (previously DC 5237)40%Service Connected 06/02/2014

May of 2015 I contacted Under Secretary Allison Hickey staff and they put a rush on my appeal

December 16 2015    I finally got 100% permanent and total

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use