VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am 100% Ptsd Disabled, Can I Still Work. It Does Not Say Iu 100%

Rate this question

chiefjr

Question

I am 100% disabled and working. I was given the rating of 100% during my comp hearing, while working at the VA. Is there any problem with this. I spoke with the American Legion and it does not say Individual Unemployable.

chiefjr,

Based on posts I have previously read on this website, the VA would probably reduce your 100% PTSD rating if they find out you are working.

Good luck to you.

GP

chiefjr,

It is my understanding the VA does not want veterans with 100% mental disorder conditions working and they do not want veterans with TDIU ratings working.

GP

Be careful, 100% PTSD and working can only lead to reduction.

PTSD and mental disorders rated that high usually means the person has total occupational and social impairment. Clearly by working you would be demonstrating you are not totally occupational and socially impaired.

Good luck, the choice is yours!

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless you make a lot more than what your benefit pays... if I was you I would not work....

a 100% disable vet is truly not supposed to be able to work.

I suppose it depends on the disability?

jmo

.....................Buck

100% SC PTSD rating and your not in the Mental ward? Good for you. As long as your 100% SC Schedular you can earn as much money as possible and it won't affect your 100% status. Unlike IU where your limited to Substantially Gainful Employment Income of less than $12,400 or $11,400 if over 65 yrs of age.

As i recall 38 CFR 4 for PTSD h rates 70+ SC as having significanbt employment disabilities. Sounds like you don't. This could trigger a C & P for a PTSD rerating at some future point. I'd think your VA job is protected by your disability rating but how do you manage to interact with Vets and fellow employees?

Semper Fi

Gastone

Did you just get thye job at the VA? Did you fully disclose your Mental Health Issues on your employment application? Your DBQ describes a Vet that is pretty screwed up and by all accounts Unemployable due to your SC PTSD condition. Possibility of a Work Place Violence situation seems to be a possiblility.

Semper Fi

Gastone