VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bwe Not Bbe But Have A Couple Of Questions?

Rate this topic

I got my BWE today with a decision. I understand most of the ratings except the last 1. It states Issue/Contention: Entitlement to special monthly compensation based on loss of use of creative organ. The explanation says: Entitlement to special monthly compensation is warranted in this case because criteria regarding loss of use were met from March 17, 2014. However it does not say what creative organ or the percentage? If I am giving a SMC for LOU of a creative organ, shouldn't it show?

None of the dates are correct that they gave me. How do I dispute those? I have 1 contention that was deferred for VA examination. So that is probably why when I log on to E-Benefits it shows my claim is back to Gathering of evidence because now it waiting on the issue for diplopia exam?

The major issue/contention was my suprapubic catheter that apparently never was addressed. They upped my neurogenic bladder from 20% to 30% but failed to add the suprapubic catheter which should be rated as 100% under voiding dysfunction. As you see here: Title-38 Chap-1 Part-4 subpart-b

4.115b Ratings of the genitourinary system—diagnoses.

7516 Bladder, fistula of:
Rate as voiding dysfunction or urinary tract infection, whichever is predominant.
Postoperative, suprapubic cystotomy 100%

What is the best way to fix this one?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

jefmil50,

According to the VA, creative organs would include procreative or reproductive organs (e.g.- men's testicles or women's ovaries)

Well I do not have that, but I did get a SC rating of 0% for ED so maybe that is where that last issue came from?

Yes your SMC is for the Reproductive Region. I too get 40% for dysfunction, and SMC K for loss of use of L Testicle due to Testicular Surgery, which I believe is like $154.