VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Win

Rate this topic

JT24usn

Stomach granted from 20-40 from 5/28/10 to 3/12/15. My second was a co exam for scar of stomach surgery. Granted from 0-20% effective 3/31/15 bringing me to 90%. Ecstatic is not the word. 5 years in the making. I do however have one question. Why would one be from 5/28/10 and the other be 3/31/15 to present? Here is my timeline for scars. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

05/03/2011 Local VA Office Decision RO

05/16/2011 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO

05/19/2011 Appeal Pending RO

06/13/2012 Statement of the Case (SOC) RO

06/26/2012 Substantive Appeal (Form 9) RO

04/13/2015 Supplemental Statement(s) of the Case (SSOC) RO

Edited by JT24usn

34 months just to a supplemental statement of case. Check your decision carefully. They might have just thronged you a bone to cover their rear on the extra long delay of issuance of the ssoc.Congratulations on your win....

That's why I'm worried about effective date. I almost don't want to argue it fearing retaliation from Cleveland. I was thinking the scar might be 10 after cp. Got 29 and am wstatic. This will be my social security someday. Want to keep the 90%

70% anxiety/depression secondary to sc conditions

40% small bowel resection. Won on appeal recently

20% scar won on appeal recently

10% tinnitus.

That is it. Nothing else in strs and fine with 90%. That effective date is going to bother me though if they make it 3/31/15 instead of 5/28/10.

You can appeal the effective date to the original date of claim if you don't agree with the current effective date. That won't undo the rating decision.

Did you receive a C&P on 3-31-15? Did you submit any additional evidence dated 3-31-15?

If nothing happened on that date regarding your claim, I would suggest you file an NOD.

You can appeal the effective date to the original date of claim if you don't agree with the current effective date. That won't undo the rating decision.

Did you receive a C&P on 3-31-15? Did you submit any additional evidence dated 3-31-15?

If nothing happened on that date regarding your claim, I would suggest you file an NOD.

3/31/15 was day of my cp. I appealed my zero percent rating

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use